CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 01-27-2017, 07:46 AM   #1
Joe Bianchi

Profile:
Finding the right medical practitioner

Hello fellow Crossfit community.

I have some pain/mobility issues that need attention. When I search for types of therapy I find a few different kinds; Physio Therapy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Rolfing, etc... How do I know which is the right kind for me? Also, how do I know the "good" practitioners who understand Crossfitters/athletes?

Here's what I'm trying to address: I've had plantar Fasciitis twice (same foot, right side), and a bunch of other tight/pain areas along the right side including my right knee and just below the knee (shin), my right hip, right shoulder (tight at neck and I get headaches from that), left hip (when I bend to the right).

I live just north of Toronto, Ontario, so finding the right kind of medical practitioner near me would help. Any advice/tips would be appreciated.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:06 PM   #2
Carlos C Cobo

Profile:
Re: Finding the right medical practitioner

I recommend getting your hands on _Becoming a Supple Leopard_, going straight to the "Mobility Prescription" section if you wish, and, depending on your faults, trying the prescribed mobilizations. I've had success with this approach.