CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 03-10-2015, 04:18 AM   #1
Sonia Souza

Profile:
Opinions on buying T-shirts?

I was curious and wanted to ask a few questions about what do you look for when buying t-shirts.

What draws you in to buy a shirt?

Color of shirt?
Style or brand of shirt (Hanes, American Apparel, etc)?
Specific Company Logo/Brand (ex. Rogue)?
Design or funny saying on shirt?
or anything else that you can think of.

We just launched an apparel business and would like to see what the industry may be lacking or what people want. I thought it would be wise to ask people of this forum.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sonia

Old 03-10-2015, 06:11 AM   #2
Tim Alford

Profile:
Re: Opinions on buying T-shirts?

[quote=Sonia Souza;1250100]I was curious and wanted to ask a few questions about what do you look for when buying t-shirts.

Color of shirt?

We just launched an apparel business and would like to see what the industry may be lacking or what people want. I thought it would be wise to ask people of this forum.

To answer your questions.
Color? Most Crossfit shirts I have are gray or black. Not sure why, but that seems to the go to for everybody's box/Rogue.

Brand: American Apparel...all day long.

Specific Company: I live in Columbus, so it's easy to drive over to Rogue and buy some shirts. I also pick up shirts whenever I travel to another box.

Design: This is personal, I have 3 or 4 shirts that just say Rogue in different fonts, I have 2 Froning shirts because he's awesome, multiple box shirts (just because it's cool to have shirts from all over the US). I also tend to lean towards the "USA" type shirts, call me a homer but I am proud to be an American so that factors into what I buy on a granular level.

Ultimately for me, I wear American Apparel shirts every day, even if the shirt isn't a "Crossfit" shirt, I'll still wear it to workout or relax in, they are just so comfortable.

Hope that helped somewhat! I'm looking to get more shirts with different colors, black/gray is great but I need some primary colors in my wardrobe!

Old 03-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #3
Greg Whitekettle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia Souza View Post
I was curious and wanted to ask a few questions about what do you look for when buying t-shirts.

The design mostly combined with the price. For me, anything over $25 is too much for a t-shirt

Color of shirt?
Black is always great but colors are great for summer - blues, greens, reds. I don't really like white or grey t-shirts because whites tend to get greyish pretty quick and I sweat way too much during work outs to wear grey!

American Apparel and Next Level are my favorites. The Hanes tagless blended tees are also really comfortable. Blends in general seem to be softer and more comfortable.

Has more to do with what's on the shirt and the fit than the logo/brand. I really like Rogue shirts because they are really comfortable. I find the surf brands (Billabong, O'Neill, Hurley) also have a great fit and the material is really soft which = comfort. For me, the fit is key and if I am between sizes for a particular brand or they fit "boxy" then I go elsewhere.

I like simple and prefer designs. I'm not into tees with random sayings on them, strange references to a "snatch" or how much people hate burpees.
Hope that helps, good luck!

Old 03-13-2015, 04:52 AM   #4
Sonia Souza

Profile:

[quote=Tim Alford;1250103]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia Souza View Post

Color of shirt?

To answer your questions.
Color? Most Crossfit shirts I have are gray or black. Not sure why, but that seems to the go to for everybody's box/Rogue.

Brand: American Apparel...all day long.

Specific Company: I live in Columbus, so it's easy to drive over to Rogue and buy some shirts. I also pick up shirts whenever I travel to another box.

Design: This is personal, I have 3 or 4 shirts that just say Rogue in different fonts, I have 2 Froning shirts because he's awesome, multiple box shirts (just because it's cool to have shirts from all over the US). I also tend to lean towards the "USA" type shirts, call me a homer but I am proud to be an American so that factors into what I buy on a granular level.

Ultimately for me, I wear American Apparel shirts every day, even if the shirt isn't a "Crossfit" shirt, I'll still wear it to workout or relax in, they are just so comfortable.

Hope that helped somewhat! I'm looking to get more shirts with different colors, black/gray is great but I need some primary colors in my wardrobe!
Thanks Tim and yes it did. Must be nice to be close to them especially with buying equipment. Anyways, I agree their shirts are top notch. I have many as well and love the feel of American Apparel. The shirts are very soft compared to other brands. Another brand that I wear is Nextlevel and this brand is used in boxes around me. Homer? Nah, I love the "MADE IN THE USA" and will always support those types of businesses first. Thanks again and great insight.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:50 AM   #5
Camille Lore

Profile:

From the site rules:

"Don't use the board for personal announcements and profiteering. A discretely placed website reference is generally considered acceptable, but the board is not a place for non-CrossFit organizations to advertise their programs. Commercial postings may be allowed by regular forum contributors at the moderators' discretion."

You're really not fitting the criteria. Please re-read the site rules and make sure your avatar, tagline, and posts are in alignment.

For zoning related questions, please email me at Camille at CrossFit.com