CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 01-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #21
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Open 2016

I'll be submitting my garage gym as a potential location. Not going to lie, if I won that opportunity, I'd likely have a full on heart-attack. I've been having to reel myself back to reality that while I have a pretty awesome garage gym (linked in signature) I imagine it's not nearly as nice as most everyone elses out there! I'm close enough to Ben Smith and Nathan Bramblett that they wouldn't have to travel to far (about 30 minute drive for each, maybe 45 depending on traffic)
Old 01-28-2016, 06:12 AM   #22
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I put a picture of my space up as well. I am beyond unlikely as I am way up here in Canada, not sure what they have in mind by using your garage but it would be pretty cool of they did.

I am unlikely at best to be doing the Open this year as I am still not back at 100% after getting diagnosed with a SLAP tear. So likely watching everyone from the sidelines this year.......for the first time ever.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:07 AM   #23
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBFSMw0O...ged=opengarage

My post is up. Link SFW. I took the majority of my gear out of the gym, as logic tells me they will likely show up with all Rogue gear. There quite a few full blown affiliates that aren't REMOTELY a garage but "have a garage door" that are posting. I really hope CFHQ doesn't choose one of those, because it's ridiculous. They are literally bigger than quite a few affiliates that have been chosen in the past.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #24
John Drohan

Profile:

Nicholas,

Good luck - saw your post over at reddit. I submitted mine too, but as I commented over there, yours puts mine to shame. I really like your space, great job!

Mine is here: http://imgur.com/z0uG5Yr (WFS)

It looks much better in the summer with the garage door open.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:27 AM   #25
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

John, you've got an awesome space - the only difference is mine has more yellow paint! Go get some paint!
Old 01-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #26
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
I put a picture of my space up as well. I am beyond unlikely as I am way up here in Canada, not sure what they have in mind by using your garage but it would be pretty cool of they did.

I am unlikely at best to be doing the Open this year as I am still not back at 100% after getting diagnosed with a SLAP tear. So likely watching everyone from the sidelines this year.......for the first time ever.
Right there with you. I've been battling plantar fasciitis for 4-5 months now. Can't do double unders and struggle some days with box jumps.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #27
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Those are some super cool gyms. My gf and complaints of our roof has stopped my home gym progress. Its silly to have a home gym for me. Our local community and friends of mine who own gym, I have a work gym.. my home gym is more of a large screen with a hammock.. stretching and yoga also. The rower is heavy enough to hold the blue band so I get shoulder mobility.

At first I thought that it was a silly Ideal. But then later I think its a cool thing. I forget how many people throw down in their home gyms.

Great pictures guys.

Vic
Old 02-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #28
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

And now I anxiously wait to find out I didn't win.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #29
Steven Thunander

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Wheeler View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBFSMw0O...ged=opengarage

My post is up. Link SFW. I took the majority of my gear out of the gym, as logic tells me they will likely show up with all Rogue gear. There quite a few full blown affiliates that aren't REMOTELY a garage but "have a garage door" that are posting. I really hope CFHQ doesn't choose one of those, because it's ridiculous. They are literally bigger than quite a few affiliates that have been chosen in the past.
There are still quite a few actual affiliates operating out of a home garage. I suspect that HQ may choose one of those.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:24 AM   #30
Michael Cook

Profile:

I think that if they are going to do one of the workouts in someone's garage gym, it is going to be a very simple workout. Something that 2 people can do in a garage at the same time: so no rig, no rower etc.

Maybe a repeat of the Deadlift & box jump workout from 2014?

I am pretty sure CF will bring their own equipment. It would be cool if they let the garage gym owner keep the equipment.