CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #11
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: No rest days in 3 weeks with good diet, no sugar and going less than 100%

Frank.. thank you for the post. I have been an athlete my whole life 45 years old now. Sitting at 10-11% body fat for the winter. I just don't know how to dial in my training.. days off etc. I went 38 days straight into the open and had a wonderful 13.1 but then rested too much and found myself out of shape at the end of the open. I don't think that I am over training because I feel rested prior to each workout. But when I take time off I have a hard time getting out of my way. Workouts are slow, transitions are slow, body is just like a flat tire.. I am on day 3 of working out with 2 rest days and feeling better and ready to go again. Competition is coming up in 10 days or so and want to come in fresh. I am going to take a day off on the Thursday prior to Comp Saturday and do a quick workout with nothing heavy.