CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:30 AM   #11
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Couple things I was thinking about on the way in to work...

1. Need to stick w/ starting off most WOD's w/ a brisk run w/ the dog. I think if we get into a habit, he'll start to like it and we can start extending the runs. It will also help me get ready for the 5K in September.

2. Legs are starting to bounce back from workouts a little quicker. I'm not nearly as sore coming off last nights workout.

3. In addition to the runs, I should take the time to do 3 rounds of the CFWU. Especially pull-ups as they are my weakest area..
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #12
Jack Gayton

Profile:
push jerk 5-5-5-5-5
1 mile easy run w/ peyton
cfwu
45 (just trying to get the form)

Didn't feel like I worked out hard enough.. thought about and figured a 1 mile run to see what my time would be.. 7:24 .. funny thing is that I logged on and saw tommorow's workout is a 5K. Oh well, this is what it's all about.

No excuses.. push it out.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Was excited for this one.. I plan on running my second 5K in Sept and wanted to start getting ready. I also wanted to see if my short time doing CF would help.. Hadn't run over a mile in almost two months, so I was ok w/ my time.

1/2 mile walk w/ pup
25:46

I ran my first 5K in april and came in at 24:23, but I had been training for it for a month. To come out of the gate and only be a little more than a minute off my previous time, well.. thanks crossfit.

I could have ran a minute faster too. I had some left in the tank..
Old 07-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #14
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Linda
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
BP - Body weight
DL - 1.5 Body weight
Clean - .75 body weight

I stared Linda in the face and I blinked.. actually, I ran away. My form must be terrible on the DL because I tweaked my lower back. I stopped at about set 7. Tried subbing sit-ups for the DL, but eventually gave up..

I have to learn how to do these power lifts:
squat
deadlift
clean
push jerk, push press etc

I think I should learn 1 at a time, pay attention to form and build up. When the other exercises come up in the WOD, I'll look for subs. If I hurt myself, i'll be out of it for a long time.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #15
Jack Gayton

Profile:
I really like it, I'm feeling a little down about not being able to do the powerlifts.. This is the point where I start looking elsewhere, making excuses etc.

1. Follow the WOD, sub / scale when needed to avoid injury and allow time to learn the big lifts. Whenever they come up, do the CFWU and then work on form and slowly add weight.
2. Do the WOD's first thing in the morning, before work. This frees up time at night to see the family and it eliminates chances of not doing the workout. Hardest part is getting out of bed. Just focus on the next 30 days.
3. Stick to the diet - Low carb except breakfast and after workouts. If there is going to be a event or party, then low carb all day leading up to it.

30 days.. I'll update daily on my progress..

Old 07-28-2007, 03:57 AM   #16
Jack Gayton

Profile:
First day of WOD's in the AM. Really want to develop a routine of working out first thing in the morning. Decided that the best way to make a lasting and consistent change, is to focus on 1 thing and make it routine.

Wife looked at me a little strange as I hit the alarm and jumped out of bed at 6 am on a saturday. I would usually push it, and lay there until our 1 year old woke up.

Going to start the WOD in a few minutes. Back is feeling a little sore from yesterday, but I think I can push through it.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #17
Jack Gayton

Profile:
WOD
10 L Pulls
15 GHD Situps
20 mins, max rounds

I'm not at that level yet, so I subbed.
5 Pulls
15 Situps

8:41 mile run
Stretching
17 rounds

I'm weak w/ pullups so this was a good chance for me to work on them. It was tiring, but not killer. I guess that's good considering my back is tight from yesterday.

Hardest part about getting up for workouts in the morning is just getting your feet to hit the floor. I'm going to not use the snooze button. When the alarm goes off, I'm up and moving.

Best part - It's saturday at 7:37 in the AM and I'm done. Going to make myself some breakfast and wait for the wife and daughter to wakeup.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:18 AM   #18
Jack Gayton

Profile:
5 rounds for time
400M Run
25 Back Extensions (subbed good mornings)

Second day doing WOD in AM. Woke up a little late at 7:15. It is so easy to talk yourself out of getting up early and working out. I just have to make it my bible that I getup at 6 AM M-F. Weekends can be 7 AM but that is is.. Routine..

This WOD wasn't too bad. Thankfully since my back is toast from the past two days. I can definetly improve on this time next time around

15:25

Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #19
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Rest Day
..and I need it. My back is feeling better but my hamstrings are sore from the "good mornings" yesterday and the run. I'll just take Peyton out for a long walk tonight. These rest day's are great. You need the time to recover, but it lets you get anxious for the next challenge.

I woke up at 6 even though there was no workout. I just need to make it a habit.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:58 AM   #20
Jack Gayton

Profile:
Tuesday 070731
For time:
Run 800 meters
40 L pull-ups
Run 800 meters
40 Strict pull-ups
Run 800 meters
40 Kipping pull-ups

Post time to comments.

Scaled:
1/2 mile jog w/ dog
800M
25 pullups (in mini sets)
800M
40 push ups (mini sets)
800M
40 situps
19:43

Hamstrings were still tight from last cycle. I stretched out, jogged lightly and was able to push through. Next time, can really improve that time w/ faster runs and more development of the pullup.