CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:52 AM   #521
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Thursday morning and in general tired today.. Winter in closing in on us and its dark now when we get up at 05.10.

Yesterday i tried to put some type of session together and my mind was blank so i went through old stuff and then i had way to many ideas. I have little issue and that is my wife has a little problem with her elbow and i need to plan for that.

Warm up
Row for a little while, check the drag on it and make sure we set the rower up correctly for what was to come. What we have noticed is that the rowers really need a service because they all feel so different and they have allot of dust in them.

Did some jogging, stretching, PVC pipe work for 20min.

Stealing with pride
I stole this Row WOD from Vics box. They did it the other day so i thought we would give it a go.

7 rounds
1 min Row for max calories
2 min rest

Wife - 16. 16, 16, 15, 16, 15, 16 total = 110 calories
Myself - 22, 24, 25, 24, 24, 25, 27 Total = 171 calories

This was quite good but the rowers really need sorting out. First 2 rounds were more or lees getting the feel of things. Neither of us had more than 30 pulls/min... mostly between 28/29 which means we were quite efficient.

To close things off 5 rounds
Farmers walk 20meters 32/16kg kettle bells
5 T2B/K2C
Farmers walk 20meters 32/16kg kettle bells
5 Burpees

Cool down
I did a few sets of bicep curls and then we stretched for 20min and chatted with friends.

We are taking tomorrow off and will be back on Monday
Old 09-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #522
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and we are both a little tired but in a good mood. Wife wanted to work on lungs and back today so i put something together for that.

Warm up
just to get the blood flowing...
One of us sat on the rower while the other completed 2 rounds of

run/jog 4 lengths of gym
5 air squats

General stretch mostly on legs.

Lungs
so the plan was to hit the normal bike but today we had access to an AAB . This is the first time the wife has ever used one and i hav'nt used one in a year. Our globo does not have one but one of the PT's brought his.

20min in total - 1min on/1min off for total calories.
309 calories in total was good for a first time.

This was a great burner on the thighs... exactly what we both need.

Back
6x8 reps back extentions with extra extension at the bottom
6x8 bent over DB rows 12/6kgs
10x - 10 sec on/10 sec off superman

Cool down
stretch and mobilty for 20min.

Both really pleased with today and had a really good sweat on the whole time.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:56 AM   #523
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and both are are a little tired but feeling really good after yesterday. More aerobic capacity today.

Warm up
Resistance bands to work on shoulders to really get them going.
Focus on leg stretch

All in all 15min

Aerobic capacity - lactate clearance

For 5 rounds
Row 300m very fast (your 1km pace)
Row 100m very easy
Row 100m max effort sprint
Row 100m very easy
rest for 3min

Trying to keep the rounds as even as possible. We took the total time after the 100m sprint (500m total) to see how things were.

Wife - X, 2.15, 2.12, 2.12, 2.11 (X= she forgot to look at time)
Myself - 1.52, 1.50, 1.49, 1.47, 1.50

We kept our technique as good and as efficient as possible and never went exceeded 30 strokes/min.

Something to finish it off

5 rounds
3 KB dead lifts 32/16kgs
6 box jumps/step ups 24/20"

Cool down
I did some jerks with a barbell just for speed work getting under the bar.
Stretch for 15min or so and talk to a friend for 25min.

very pleased with today
Old 09-06-2017, 01:47 AM   #524
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and oh we were both tired this morning , normally this is rest day but there may be a chnage at the end of the week so we need to be sure we gte in at least 3 sessions this week.

So with the wife having a niggle in her elbow we needed to work around that but keep th ewhole thing simple today... no stress just quality.

Warm up
1k row

Alot of mobility and extensive shoulders warm up.

Quality
So the plan for today for myself was snatch. Have not done so much over the past few weeks and it is time to recap a little. resting between reps and not moving on until i hit good reps.

To further the warm up and speed up a little i did light snatch balances, hang power snatch and hang squat snatch.

Took the weight from 40-50kgs and missed a couple on 50 and the did 4 really good reps. Still not 100% and something was a little off even though i caught the bar well.

Took 55kgs for 4 reps after missing the first rep. 60kgs i had 2 misses and then hit 2 good reps. Still only 95% good in the technique. time to think again.

Took the weight to 65kgs (143lbs) and missed 3 reps even though i got under the bar well they were not stable and i never try and save a bad lift i would rather drop it. Something clicked... what was happening... no hips!!!! no punching it out of the lift and lossing that energy i needed. bingo... hit a really good lift, felt really good and was so light. Went for a another 2 lifts at the same weight but missed them both.

What i can take from this is that i was rusty, set-up is good (i thought) and i had no hips. This got me thinking and i did some hang squat snatch with just the bar to have time to think. Then i noticed that my elbows were not in the correct position in the lifts, i needed to rotate them for that solid position in the first pull so that when i lift the bar came automatically into my hips and boom.. the bar would fly up. So a few things that made things tougher today.

The Wife
Nice and simple OHS, snatch balance and dead lifts alternating between the movments as she liked.
With her having an issue with her elbow it was very important that her form was good.

OHS were solid. getting the bar from behind her neck to the OH position was important and she knew when she was a little off as she could feel it in her arm.

Dead lift - not that good from the start as her starting position was different all of the time and she would lift her bumb up first and then her bad. Once she focused more on her set-up things were allot better.

Snatch balance - little off from the start but 5min into it they were looking really solid as her OHS. She kept the weight low, 10kg barbell and worked on form. She was really fast getting under the bar.

So based on that fact that we were both tired i think we did ok. We both have a couple of things to think about for next week.

Once wife was done with that she wanted to get the heart rate up a little. I saw her do K2C, sit ups and superman for X number of sets.

Cool down
stretch a little and trash talk... wife did allot more stretching than me.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 AM   #525
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and great to be back....

I played a round of golf on Thursday instead of working out... almost played to my handicap even though i don't play that often, just havn't had time.

So i had a plan and we gave it go - lactic acid.... the burn!

Warm up
jogged for 5min nice and easy
little stretch and mobility to get the rest of the body going.
Set the machine up for the burn and dids a few dry runs to get the feel and make sure the seat height was good.

lactic acid.... the burn!
Air Assault Bike for calories
10 rounds 1min on 1.30 off

Wife - 15, 16, 17, 14, 15, 13, 14, 14, 13, 15 total = 146 calories
Myself - 19, 24, 21, 22, 22, 23, 22, 25, 24, 26 total = 228 calories

It took a couple of rounds to get into this and get the feel of things. We both tried to keep a decent pace over the rounds but the wife hit a patch through 6, 7 and 8 and took it a little easier. It was a tough start and the burn started to hit us after 3 rounds. it was also interesting to see how much of th eburn was gone before the next round. We stretched between the rounds which we found helped.

I had a plan after this but that gone thrown out of the window but we will complete that tomorrow. The new plan was K2C for the wife and lat activation while i hit negative hand stands. I did around 8 negative handstands where it took 10 seconds to lower myself. I have had an impingement in my right shoulder for a month or so but now it was time to test it out and it went really well, no problem at all.

Cool down
Good stretch for 20min and a chat.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:48 AM   #526
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday monring and a little tired, not as bad as i thought i might be. Wife was also tired but in a relly good mood . Took with us our flatest soled shoes to really make things hard.

So on to today... finish off what we did not finish yesterday..

Warm up
1k row (22 strokes/min or under)

Stretch, mobility and resistance band on the shoulders.

Before what we missed
To start off to get things going in preperation for what we missed.

Complete as many sets as you need and take the weight as far you want.
OHS in sets of 5
Strict shoulder press in sets of 5
Squats in sets of 5

This took 20min to really get into this and the flat soled shoes made it a little harder. A real test of mobility.

What we missed

6 rounds
6 DB OHS with 1 arm (12/6kgs) rotate arm after each round.
6 Burpee box jump over 24/20"

This did not sound a lot but this was a real test. getting that DB in the right position before hitting the OHS was easy but up and down was a different game. So many core muscles activated for stability plus the mobility required for the OHS. We were really pleased with it.

Extensive shoulder workout with resistance band. high reps low resistance. 5 movements x 10-15 reps x 2 sets

Cool Down
Good allround stretch for 20min and some trash talking.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #527
Alex Burden

Profile:

Thursday morning and both the wife and myself were quite tired this morning. A family issue that drained the energy out of us and we both slept badly.

Even if things were not 100% today i had a plan and we were not going to deviate from it... a long EMOM.

Warm up
We warmed up with every movement that was to come in the EMOM as we set everything up. Little more shoulder stretching and getting those lats going.

EMOM 35
Broken down into 5min EMOM's for each movement. Every rep counts and we know this is going to be harder than usual. The amount of rest will vary for each movement.

Min: 0-5 = 8/12 cal row
Min: 6-10 = 10 wall balls 4/9kgs
Min: 11-15 = 10 KB swings 12/29kgs
Min: 16-20 = 6 lengths of gym shuttle run (120m total)
Min: 21-25 = 10 T2B/K2C
Min: 26-30 = 10 pull ups/ring pulls
Min: 31-35 = 5 deadlift/power cleans 50/50kgs

Things were good for me until the T2B, i got the first 30, 8 on the final 2 rounds. Then i got the first 30 on the pull ups an 8 and a 6, but i knew these would be tough as T2B have always been tough on me. The good thing is that i am getting better.

Wife blew through all of it no problem at all. She could feel her niggle in her elbow towards the end but nothing major. Its a sign that things are getting better with it as she has been very sore for at least a month. I try and program around it as much as i can.

Considering how we were before we started in think we did really well.

Cool down
clean up our ****, stretch for 15-20min and major sweat on the whole time.

That was that for today, back tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #528
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and we are both sore here there and everywhere

Plan for today was a partner workout

Warm up
little jog, shoulder mobility and a general warm up with everything that was to come, oh and a little stretch.

Partner
200 calories on the air assault bike

at the same time together we needed to complete:
60 S2O 20/40kg barbell
50 Box jumps 20/24"
40 KB swings 16/24kgs
30 Squats from the mat 25/50kgs
40 Burpees
50 Sit ups
60 Wall balls 4/10kgs

We were done with the AAB and got as far as 32 burpees in 17.24 and we were done with everything at 25.44

Got a good sweat on and it was fun. AAB is tough but we are getting better.

Cool down
clean up, stretch for 15min and i hit 4 rounds of bicep curls

This week has been up and down but we are pleased with it as we are still progressing.

Thats all for this week, back Monday

Last edited by Alex Burden : 09-15-2017 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:03 AM   #529
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday morning and somewhat tired. Did not really do anything this weekend apart from 1 hrs shoulder mobility and shoulder blade activation at home. Took 20 min for the body and brain to wake up. Wife was in a good mood which is a good sign. It has been a long time since the last time she was ****ed in the morning.

Now one of the positive things is that the wife has really started to notice a difference in her body. I told her it would take time and now it's showing, plus she has lost 10lbs since January without going on any diet or anything, just working out harder and reducing the amout of sugar by a little. We both like candy but it does not mean we can live without it .

Plan for today AMRAP x 3.

Warm up
1k on the rower ata reasonable pace, 4min for me and 4.30 for the wife.
Stretch and mobility while warming up with what was to come.

12min AMRAP
9 dead lifts 70/45kgs
9 Push ups (wife on knees)
9 box jumps/step ups 24/20"

Wife - 7 rounds + 13 reps (202 reps)
myself - 7 rounds + 7 reps (196 reps)

Rest 5min

6min AMRAP
6 Chest 2 Bar/KB Swings for the wife
6 KB Gobblet squats 20/12kgs

Wife - 6 rounds + 6 reps (78 reps)
myself - 6 rounds (72 reps)

Rest 5 min

3min AMRAP
3 power snatches/K2C for the wife. 30kgs
3 burpees o Bar

Wife - 6 rounds + 4 reps (40 reps)
myself - 5 rounds + 1 reps (31 reps)

We changed a few things for the wife as her elbow was playing up again. She tried to work around it today. She still did really well. Both had a good sweat on after this.

Cool down
sweat, clean up and stretch for 15min

Not a bad start to the week, could have been worse.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 09-18-2017 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:13 AM   #530
Alex Burden

Profile:

Been away a few days, family comes first.

Thusday morning and keeping it simple.

Warm up
1k row
Stretch and mobilty
plus warm up with what was to come

Simple
10min AMRAP
10/7 cal row
2 lengths of gym KB farmers walk 32/16kg
5 burpees

Wife - 5 + 9
Myself - 5 + 11

15min AMRAP
10/7 cal AAB
10 air squats
10 Sit ups
10 pull ups/DB row for wife

Wife - 6+2
myself - 5 + 17

i actually started 30-40 seconds after the wife as we only have 1 AAB and i stopped when the clock hit 15min. Only actually thought about the clock towards the end so i should have kept going for a little more.

Cool Down
20min stretch..

That was that for today