CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 04-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Aaron Markovich

Profile:
In the spring of 04' I quit my bodybuilding/powerlifting routine that I did 3-4 times a week for 1-2hrs a night for 2.5 years. Then I didn't do anything until Sept. 05' I decided to jump right into CF and I haven't looked back since. It has been the best thing for my overall GPP. No cost for the WOD really fits my student budget too.

Anyhow, my point is on Saturday a friend and I decided to max out on BP. I have not benched heavy in over 2 years. I'm terrible at bench even when I did 5X5s of 205 or 225 back in the day I still had a terrible max bench. I only do the WOD and no other lifting. I decided we would apply the black box ME routine and it went like this:

BW: 165

3x135 2x165 2x185 2x205 1x215 1x225 1x235 1x245 1x255

Point being that at my peak when I benched all the time my max was 265 and it was a little shaky. This lift was clean and I did not need an assist from my spotter. I also hate benching now.

Afterwards, I came up with our own little WOD.

4 rounds for time:
12 "Cousins" w/12lb medicine ball
25 push ups

11:29

The snapping action of the "Cousin" really complemented the core during the push ups.