CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 05-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #71
Jordan Spritzer

Profile:
Re: Grace: Go heavy or light?

I was feeling a little sluggish when I did Grace the other day so instead of going all out, I set my watch to beep at me every 30 seconds. I pulled each rep of 135lbs with near perfect form and at full speed and locked out and held each jerk for a couple of seconds. It obviously took me almost 15 minutes and I know this is very slow but my heart rate stayed up and it felt like a good workout. It didn't kick my a** but I was also wondering how much good it really did. I guess something is better than nothing. Any thoughts on this?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #72
Alejandro Martinez

Profile:

I got a 10'15" for 115 lbs, which isn't shabby for me. I think I did around 14 mins with 95 lbs when I was getting back into CF. My goal is to get sub-10 as rx'd eventually. The Burgener warm-up helped a lot to fix my form, which saved my strength. I guess as long as I can find a weight that balances the strength and endurance while challenging both, I can get a good workout in.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #73
Zach Gates

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Spritzer View Post
I was feeling a little sluggish when I did Grace the other day so instead of going all out, I set my watch to beep at me every 30 seconds. I pulled each rep of 135lbs with near perfect form and at full speed and locked out and held each jerk for a couple of seconds. It obviously took me almost 15 minutes and I know this is very slow but my heart rate stayed up and it felt like a good workout. It didn't kick my a** but I was also wondering how much good it really did. I guess something is better than nothing. Any thoughts on this?
That's... a hell of an idea. Put ~75% of your 1RM on the bar and do that sounds pretty excellent.

It'd be like 'death by push press' only with singles and on the 30 second mark instead of the minute.