CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #11
Jason Watson

Profile:
Re: "Eva"

Just quickly, I've been at it (CF that is) for 3 months, when I saw this workout my jaw droped. I had to read it 3 times to make sure I was not miss reading. CrossFit workout are HARD but this, this is something else completley. Im going to try it, as RX'd, but this is gonna take awhile.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #12
Ryan Whitenack

Profile:

This WOD is very reminiscent of "Badger" (95 pound Squat clean, 30 reps;30 Pull-ups;Run 800 meters) and that workout was pretty difficult. I think this one will be harder in some ways but easier in others. I, personally, would much rather do swings than the 95#squat cleans in Badger. I do like these workouts with 800s. I think an 800 is the toughest run there is; it is long enough to force you to pace, but short enough to make you really push. Also, if you don't push on the 800s you really think bad about yourself at the end.

All this being said I think I will have to sit this one out because of some knee pain. After doing Annie last week I cannot put any impact pressure on my knee (going down stairs, jumping, running, etc...). It is right at the top of the Tibia/fibula bone and where that meets with the knee--maybe a little shearing action from that WOD.

Last edited by Ryan Whitenack : 02-24-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #13
Shawn Bailey

Profile:

Been CrossFitting for about 2 years now. This one without a doubt was the toughest WOD I've done. I managed to finish it in 44:57 as rx'd. My hands feel like they've been through a meat grinder after doing 5 rounds of max pull-ups in the Linda WOD I made up yesterday along with all the pull-ups today.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #14
Steven Anderson

Profile:

This workout was awesome! A co-worker and myself saw the workout last night posted on the sight, (we're firemen and work 24 hour shifts) and woke up this morning and did it with modifications, but, not making it any easier. We started off with the 800 meter run and a trip of 6 stories at our drill tower and back down. Then we knocked out 30 reps of 70 lbs front squats and then onto the 30 reps of pull-ups. Repeated for five rounds. Nice work Jeremy! I'm sure the 30 reps of the kettlebell swing would have been harder than our front squats, but we did not have access to kettlebells or dumbbells of that weight. We performed the workout in 42 and 45 minutes. Next time I'll make sure we have access to 2 pood kettlebells!

Yes Brandon, I think some of the workouts might be getting harder but, I love it! Today's workout most definitely ranks up there with "Murph" and others.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
Ryan Whitenack

Profile:

oooops. I forgot to look at the number of rounds in Badger. 5 (eva) vs 3 (badger).
5 x 800 = day off (of work) tomorrow for those doing this
Old 02-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Whitenack View Post
This WOD is very reminiscent of "Badger" (95 pound Squat clean, 30 reps;30 Pull-ups;Run 800 meters) and that workout was pretty difficult. I think this one will be harder in some ways but easier in others.
For instance, Badger is only THREE ROUNDS.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #17
Jack Gayton

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
This seems like a goofy thing to say, but has anyone else gotten the impression that the WoDs are... getting harder?
I've noticed a couple that have been somewhat jaw dropping.. Remember this one?

Thursday 080131
Three rounds for time of:
225 Deadlift, 15 reps
15 Handstand push-ups
15 Pull-ups
95 pound Thruster, 15 reps

I didn't catch the 3 round part and thought, not bad.. quick and nasty. Then re-read it and started getting the "pre-fran shakes".

Same thing this AM. Looking back, I wish I didn't scale the pull-ups (can't do kips yet though) and I pushed harder on the runs. Easty to say afterwards though.

Brandon, Did you do "Eva" yet? How did it go?
Old 02-24-2008, 03:25 PM   #18
Brandon Oto

Profile:

Nah, I'm not on the WoDs right now, I just get to sit on the sidelines and laugh at you poor shmucks

(Just finished a 3-month SS cycle on Friday, I'm benchmarking tomorrow, then I'm going to give the Big 21 Oly program a shot. Then more or less back to the WoDs more or less.)
Old 02-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #19
Anthony Bainbridge

Profile:

The first round was the worst, but once I found my pace it wasn't "too bad" ... and by "too bad" I mean I left one hell of a sweat angel on the gym floor. 33:22 with rowing instead of running.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
Jason Borzych

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Oto View Post
This seems like a goofy thing to say, but has anyone else gotten the impression that the WoDs are... getting harder?
definitely, i think that even though getting a work out in under five minutes is possible (see Fran/Grace) you still need to get hit with something longer. With people dropping so low on things like helen i think this workout is the logical next step. Even though it is a pretty crazy workout.

Brandon, Is there somewhere you chronicled your SS experience, that I could read

Last edited by Jason Borzych : 02-24-2008 at 04:45 PM.