CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
Leroy Jett

Profile:
clock for home gym

I'm looking at the TITLE Professional Fight & Gym Timer or the Clock Gone Bad. I have seen both of them for around $199 but ahve seen the Clock Gone Bad for as low as $139.00.

Does anyone have any recomendations as to what one to get?
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Willie McLendon

Profile:
Re: clock for home gym

I used the clock gone bad in my garage gym and brought it with me to my new place. It is easy to use and has not given me any problems after 1.5 years of use.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
Leroy Jett

Profile:

Cool thank you. Was trying to see if one would be more preferred over the other. Might just go with the cheaper of the two. It will satisfy my needs.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
David Allen Rogers

Profile:

I had the Clock Gone Bad but returned it. It does count up, count down, Fight Gone Bad, and Tabata 20/10 but nothing else. For example, you can't do an EMOM (every minute on the minute) workout or any interval workouts other than 20/10. It has a 10 second 3-2-1-go countdown on the start of all modes but you can't turn it off which is annoying when you are trying to manually simulate an EMOM or something like that. My opinion is that it was just too limited for the money. It can't even do what a $20 Gymboss can do and there are free timer apps for my phone that blow the thing way. It would probably be fine for an affiliate who doesn't stray far from standard CrossFit programming and needs a large remote controlled timer but not worth it for a home gym.

I looked at the TITLE timer when I was looking for a timer and it seems promising. I didn't buy it because it was out of my budget at the time (I got a nice Black Friday deal on the Clock Gone Bad). It seems incredibly programmable. Some people seem to have issues with it because they aren't good with programming electronic things. If you are cool with that, it seems like a great timer and is on my wish list for a future purchase.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
Forrest Hunt

Profile:

I might opt for the title timer. I have the clock gone bad because it was cheaper and if it will just hang in your wall it should be fine. I took mine outside for open workout 13.2 and for some reason when the sun hit it it would not operate. In the shade of the garage it was fine. The remote is also pretty cheap with all the buttons sticking on the clock gone bad.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Somewhat along the lines of David's comments...I considered several standalone clock options when I was setting up my garage gym but ultimately bailed on all of them in favor of a couple of decent (and muuuuuch cheaper) apps for my Android tablet (actually a rooted Nook).

- Mark
Old 04-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Leroy Jett

Profile:

Thanks for the comments back. It will be hangin in my garage or the home gym. I have also thought about taking and mounting a 32" tv along with an Apple TV and using my iPad as a timer. Just stream it to the tv. I could also play my music through it as well. Killing two birds with one stone.

I'm not sure when I would be doing that though and it seems like the title click would be good for setting up intervals and EMOM things.

We have a clock one bad now at the box and it is nice but I think after hearig some of the responses the title will be the way to go.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
Steve Jaeger

Profile:

Yep, we score the Title Timer with high marks, too. We do get a fair amount of questions in on how to program it. We put together a fairly simple narrative to follow to get you up and running fast.

See it here:

http://blog.hammerheadfitness.com/bl...Fit-Gym-Timers [wfs]
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
Joshua Severns

Profile:

I got the MDUSA no limits timer and like it alot
got it back around black friday when they had a sale on their site
http://www.muscledriverusa.com/MDUSA...ing_p_912.html
WFS
Old 04-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #10
Leroy Jett