CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-06-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
james

Profile:  
First of all, thanks to Tyler Hasselhoff for turning me on to this site via his initial crossfit post on dragondoor.com. Secondly, who else absolutely SUCKS at overhead squats? Today was my first real attempt at doing them and I had to bail out @ 100 lbs. Great exercise and great link to Dan John's site where he comments on hand width and pressing your hands out isometrically--it helped a lot. Also, got my first muscle-up last night after reading the explanation of the false grip in the newsletter! Muscle-ups will be a great exercise for greasing-the-groove. Thanks for the great site!
Old 02-07-2003, 11:27 AM   #2
sean hernandez mccumiskey

Profile:

I also suck at the overhead squat. I have been doing them with a broom stick in my pre work out warm ups. My soulders are a bit unflexible.....

ok ?.....

I have taken the suggestion from the CFJ on squats and have been practicing with a broom stick in the doorway. my hands have been positioned shoulder width apart. I am seeing great improvements and I am almost standing in the doorway while not touching it with the broomstick. Should I, when I throw weight on there( not the broom stick, I have a bar), use this same grip or go with the Dan John hands pushing out grip.

any comments Dan

I am going to try it with weight on the 02.06.03 wod. I am 2 weeks behind in the wods; I would like to be only one wod behind for ? asking purposes, but skipping a week would be ...... well I cant do it.
I think I would miss out on a wod and I cant let myself do that.

James from reading about the OHS I think you should be happy with that 100 pounds.

As for me I will let you know.

sean