CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 PM   #41
Departed

Profile:  
Re: Central Illinois Crossfitters

I live 60 mins NW of springfield, but I goto school at LLCC right now. Transferring to UIS in the fall. I talked to a few of the guys at Robbins Mixed Martial arts and their going to set up a Crossfit style facility. It's the the old Jefferson Mall.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM   #42
Todd Lash

Profile:

Mitchell, when are you taking your level one cert? If you are going to be in Champaign all summer, I would be interested in getting together for a workout. What local gym (s) are you thinking considering?
Old 05-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #43
Mitchell Hidden

Profile:

Todd, I'm attending the Level 1 certification in Wisconsin this weekend. I usually do my wods at the University of Illinois Campus Recreation facility known as the ARC. However, I'm going to be teaching group CrossFit classes this summer at Evolve Fitness. They are lacking in equipment and space, but it's definitely not a globo gym so that's a plus. Send me a private message or something if you want to meet up.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #44
Todd Lash

Profile:

How did the Level One Cert. go Mitchell? When are you thinking of starting at Evolve?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #45
Karl Geissler

Profile:

There is a group of us meeting three mornings a week at 5:30am in SW Champaign. We have a pretty decent set up. I am also in the process of rebuilding my garage gym since we moved to our new house.

Shoot me a PM and I can get you some details.

Karl
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #46
Molly Suhadolnik

Profile:

Hello!
I am at the Gold's Gym in Springfield and we have at least 20 people interested and about half that amount following the WOD. Contact me at molly@trainermolly.com if you want to set something up! I am getting my Level 1 in July and plan on opening an Affiliate inside Gold's shortly after!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 AM   #47
Molly Suhadolnik

Profile:
Re: Central Illinois CrossFitters

Hello!
I am located at the Gold's in Springfield, IL. I am getting my Level 1 in July and plan on opening an affilaite shortly after.

We have about 10-15 members currently following the WOD and another bunch who are interested in it and have done a few workouts.

Contact me if you'd like to join!

molly@trainermolly.com
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #48
Jim Luckey

Profile:

Thanks for the info Molly! Definately post on here when you get the affiliate up and running. My wife and I wouldn't be able to join (for financial reasons) anytime soon, but we'd love to check it out and pick up some t-shirts.

How many affiliates have you been to to see how they run things?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #49
Molly Suhadolnik

Profile:

Actually none yet! There is one in Rockford that I plan on visiting. I also think I am going to talk to the owner of Again Faster. My boyfriend (also at Gold's) and I are getting our cert in Ohio in July so I am also hoping to do some researching while I am there. I've started some planning...just so that when I can actually do it hopefully it will help things run smoother!

I will keep you updated!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #50
Keegan Wisehart

Profile:

Hey!
I live in the Mahomet area, but I go to school at Purdue and am home for the summer. I'm an instructor for Pathfinder Crossfit at Purdue through the Army ROTC. I crossfit mainly on my own here at home with a couple buddies joining me occasionally. It's nice to finally find some locals who know what a real workout is like.