CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
Todd Morgan

Profile:
Re: CrossFit PR Spreadsheet Log with Extras

Just found this. Great spreadsheet Jason. Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #22
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Hey guys/gals. It's been a while, and I'll be honest, not much time for me to update this spreadsheet with the HQ main site WODs (Hero/Girls/Memorial WODs), but I have kept updating it with WODs that are new when our local gym does them. Several have been added over the past year or so. I'm still behind on updating from the main site though, however, we tend to do the new WODs a month or two lagging the main site, so they eventually get added.

I don't think much in the way of formatting has changed, so hopefully you can add these without issues. There are a couple of tools you can use to compare spreadsheets, if you want (which I had to do recently, as my Dropbox got out of sync, and I had to make sure everything was up to date, on the two files it saved). WinMerge and ExcelDiff are both free tools you can use to compare spreadsheets. I haven't used ExcelDiff yet, and it looks like the nicer tool to use, as I think it puts everything in a spreadsheet like format, versus text, like WinMerge does.

Anyway, hope you all are still using your spreadsheets. I still love having mine, and I have people asking me all the time, when was the last time we did that? I can't always give the answer, if I didn't PR on it, but generally, it's good enough. Here is the link again, since it gets buried in the posts sometimes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...or%20Jason.xls
Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
Nicholas DaSilva

Profile:

I dont know if its my comp or the link but I get errors on trying to open it. Just a heads up.

Nice job, btw. Very nice.

- Nick
Old 05-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #24
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Weird. It should be compatible with older and newer versions of Excel. I have Excel 2010, but it is in xls format, so should be able to be opened by just about any version. I just tried the link, and it seems to work. What kind of errors do you get?

I don't have any macros or anything, so that shouldn't be an issue either.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #25
Adam Akers

Profile:

This is amazing! I have been looking for apps that do the same thing but end up getting frustrated with them. Big thanks man!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #26
Nicholas Ciolino

Profile:

Thanks for taking the time to make this spreadsheet and share it with us man, Kudos!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Jason Bentz

Profile:

No problem, guys, glad it's getting use just besides me. I'll admit, I'm quite a bit behind in keeping up with every Hero or Memorial WODs, but it has almost everything else. Also just added the final 2013 Open WOD and respective time recording section. Little late, but I've been busy watching Regionals!

Who else thought the finish of Jackie with the men at Central East was amazing? 5/6 finishes within a second!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #28
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Sorry guys, it's been a while! I haven't had the time to really keep up with all the Hero WODs, but I did at least leave a bookmark on the first tab of where I left off. Hope you all enjoyed the Open this year. I personally loved the new format of some of the WODs, but would have preferred to have some heavier barbells being thrown around. I was disappointed that the only heavy WOD was the deadlift one (14.3). I was hoping for a heavy snatch or clean ladder, it just didn't happen this year.

But, now that it's all over, I've added all the Open WODs to the spreadsheet for your enjoyment. There have probably been a few other changes, adding a few WODs here and there. There is also a basic strength program that was added last year, which I felt did help me get stronger. I followed Outlaw for a while before that, and now our gym is getting ready to do a Catalyst Athletics strength program. Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this back out there for you guys, especially those just starting out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...or%20Jason.xls
Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #29
Cullen Danner

Profile:

Hey Jason,

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this online for all to use. I was about to make my own and thought maybe I should search the web first, I bet there's some version I could use to start with. But this is better than anything I could have done- you've thought of everything here; I really appreciate your attention to detail. Awesome job, thanks again.

Cullen
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #30
Jason Bentz

Profile:

Why thank you Cullen!

I appreciate it! I've fallen a bit behind with it, but the great thing is that anyone can take it and run if they want to update it. I just wish there was an easy way to incorporate changes I make when someone has already started making it their own... There are several good difference programs that will compare two spreadsheets though, which is what I use sometimes.

Glad you like it.

Jason