CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #3611
Jamie Gowens

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia Seip View Post
If we told them that we eat much more than they do, and that we actually have GAINED weight they'd pass out!!!

I had dinner with the guy and a friend of his tonight...I devoured all the food on my plate well before they were finished. I think his friend was somewhat impressed.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM   #3612
Patricia Seip

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Tabor View Post
I had dinner with the guy and a friend of his tonight...I devoured all the food on my plate well before they were finished. I think his friend was somewhat impressed.
You"ll always impress guys with a hearty appetite!! They'd much rather take out a chick who eats the food he pays for rather than waste it. Unless he wants to eat yours too!!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #3613
Nicole Perryman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina Kelly View Post
I'm soooo bummed. We did deadlifts, hang power cleans and push jerks and had to use the same weight for all 3. Well my rack position sucks so my wrists were majorly bothering me when I was warming up for the push jerks so I had to use just the 33 lb bar for my workout I know my form will get better with practice and eventually I'll be able to put some weight on the bar but it was just so disappointing.

Of course the advantage was I didn't have to put the bar down once and was done before anyone else.
Just keep at it! Focus on form and keep your determination and the weight will start adding up before you know it! Better to work on form and get it perfected at first than have an injury! You will make yourself proud I know it!
Old 07-12-2010, 05:09 PM   #3614
Tina Dobson

Profile:

Hey ladies! Not sure if anyone saw it, but M&F Hers has a great write up with Fitness Olympia Champion Adele Garcia in the July/August issue. It gives a great shot out to CF ladies and the website. Greg Glassman is quoted as well. Muscle & Fitness Hers is one of the few women's fitness magazines I read but I like that it's more serious and less fluff, so I thought I'd give you a heads up in case you want to check it out.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #3615
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

Hi!

I can officially walk. Of course I was unofficially walking before I could offically walk, but in the words of my surgeon as he shook his head:

"You're hysterical".

I walked into his office in my little summer wedges carrying my crutches and my brace. I said - look, I want to be honest about what I've done so I can know if I've screwed it all up or not. I've been a very, very, very bad post op patient.

The knee is great, I am just not allowed to do most of the weightbearing stuff of crossfit for awhile.. so it's still Special Olympics WODs, except I will push it all.. just a little.

Can't wait to get back to the girl power of deadlifts and pushpresses and squats!

Muah!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #3616
Laurie Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen Schreiber View Post
Hi!

I can officially walk. Of course I was unofficially walking before I could offically walk, but in the words of my surgeon as he shook his head:

"You're hysterical".

I walked into his office in my little summer wedges carrying my crutches and my brace. I said - look, I want to be honest about what I've done so I can know if I've screwed it all up or not. I've been a very, very, very bad post op patient.

The knee is great, I am just not allowed to do most of the weightbearing stuff of crossfit for awhile.. so it's still Special Olympics WODs, except I will push it all.. just a little.

Can't wait to get back to the girl power of deadlifts and pushpresses and squats!

Muah!
Better a little at a time than not at all!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:52 AM   #3617
Liz Stanley

Profile:

Today I put 100# over my head for the first time. We started our WOD with 3-2-2-1-1 overhead squats. I got 100 for my final one and it was pretty cool! Definitely helps having a knowledgeable coach, because I never would have considered trying that on my own. Body weight of 127, and going to be 42 in 2 months. Yay!

Old 07-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #3618
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

That's freaking awesome. Congratulations.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #3619
Kellie Moore

Profile:

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hi, I have been reading some of this thread, and really am enjoying hearing other women's experiences in Crossfit. I've gotten a ton of inspiration from this thread, and taken comfort in knowing I'm not the only one struggling sometimes

Enjoy the Crossfit Games coverage this weekend!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #3620
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Stanley View Post
Today I put 100# over my head for the first time. We started our WOD with 3-2-2-1-1 overhead squats. I got 100 for my final one and it was pretty cool! Definitely helps having a knowledgeable coach, because I never would have considered trying that on my own. Body weight of 127, and going to be 42 in 2 months. Yay!

Nice work, woman!