CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #3581
Tara Garrett

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

I started at CF incredibly weak, using bar weight only for a lot of things and moving up slowly from there.

Within the past couple of months I feel like I've really blossomed. In this mornings workout, I had the 2nd heaviest weight of all the girls and I was tied with one guy. Thats HUGE for me.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #3582
Meghan Reid

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Garrett View Post
I started at CF incredibly weak, using bar weight only for a lot of things and moving up slowly from there.

Within the past couple of months I feel like I've really blossomed. In this mornings workout, I had the 2nd heaviest weight of all the girls and I was tied with one guy. Thats HUGE for me.
I love that feeling. Like you've been climbing the first hill of the roller coaster for months and months and suddenly everything starts to get better and heavier and faster so quickly. AWESOME.

Also,
Quote:
I had hoped to read the whole thing to get context, but then I realized its 360 pages long :P
Isn't that what work is for?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #3583
Lisa Hsu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
That's awesome, Lisa! OHS were the bane of my existence for so long. There is no way that I could have done 6 sets of 10 at 44 lbs after 5 months of CrossFit. So, they have been my most favorite gauge of my progress. I now have the female gym record (tied with my coach) for a 1 rep OHS at 135 lbs. Haha. That's something I will always laugh about. And, when my stupid shoulder gets better, I am going to OHS 150 lbs.

My other two big WOWs have been:

100 burpees for time
July 17, 2009 = 15:11
April 2, 2010 = 8:04

1 mile run
April 5, 2009 = 11:00
June 20, 2010 = 6:27
snap!! both of those times are practically cut in half!!! 11m/m down to 6:27???? seriously, that's awesome.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #3584
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Hsu View Post
snap!! both of those times are practically cut in half!!! 11m/m down to 6:27???? seriously, that's awesome.
Thanks . Yeah, I am trying to go sub 6:00 by the end of the year. I'm pretty sure I can get there before then...although I don't know why because running sucks and it hurts.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 AM   #3585
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

So, I'm standing in the gym this morning in my booty shorts and sports bra, and one of the other girls says, "Hey, you're bulking up!" Hahahahaha. She meant it in a good way, but it was funny. She said, "You still have your abs, but your stomach isn't ridiculously skinny like it used to be. You look good." I said, "I know. I weighed 139.5 lbs this morning. Watch out."
Old 07-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #3586
Angelina Kelly

Profile:

Today was an interesting WOD, I knew it'd be hard but we weren't told what we were doing it until we did it.

We did
1 mile run (I actually did slightly less as the stragglers were pulled in to do the rest of the WOD)
Pullups (unspecified time, I actually didn't get a chance to do any)
Burpees (unspecified time, think it was 2 minutes)
Wall balls (think it was 3:30 minutes)
400 m run with weight plate
KB SDHP (think it was 2 minutes, not sure)
then we thought we were done but no, we had a 1 mile run to do.

Now the funny thing is I haven't run in over a year other than little runs here and there I had been doing during on ramp and even when I was in a 5k training program, I was slow. My first mile was 10 minutes although because it wasn't a complete mile, my pace was probably closer to 11 minute mile which is actually very fast for me.

During the last mile, I mostly walked. My stomach was just not cooperating and really wanted to expel whatever liquid was in me so I walked with some run intervals but I did run the last 200 meters or so. My time was 15 minutes for that true mile but I have to say that is a pretty normal running pace for me so I was surprised (as I said I am slow).
Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #3587
Christy Labrie

Profile:

Hello Ladies!
I am back after almost 3 weeks off from CF But, I took some time, got married, went on a honeymoon
And now, after "Eva's Little sister" (400m, 30WB, 30KBS-5 rounds--which I had to freakin' scale) I am sore as all get out and loving it!
So glad to be back over here and glad to be back LHS!

*Yea, I had to scale to 200, 20, 20 for all 5 rounds. I was frustrated, but better back than not back.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #3588
Ashley Helm

Profile:

Hey ladies, I'm new here. I really need some new jeans. Have yall found any good brands for our figures? I've definitely got the big hips/butt, small waist thing going on.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM   #3589
Jamie Gowens

Profile:

American Eagle. Lots of stretch.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #3590
Tina Dobson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Helm View Post
Hey ladies, I'm new here. I really need some new jeans. Have yall found any good brands for our figures? I've definitely got the big hips/butt, small waist thing going on.
I'm a huge (no pun intended!) fan of Guess Foxy Flair cut and Abercrombie Madison (they can be hard to find).