CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 06-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Chuck Bledsoe

Profile:
Chuck Intro: Military & New Challenge

I'm Chuck. From Florida. Just returned from Iraq, I'm an Army guy.

Going to take the next 30 days and post my workouts, diet, weight, etc over in the workout/log area.

If anyone wants to join me on their own journey/challenge, that would be great.

I've spent my whole life in exercise, sports, and the military. I have about 10yrs active duty now and my body has been beat up quite a bit. I have lingering medical problems and injuries and a ton of family drama that I returned to upon redeployment. Exercise has always been my salvation and my way to keep my own internal peace. I've neglected it since I returned from Iraq to deal with the family type drama. Had enough of that, now it's time to get back to normal.

Crossfit is the next step in this journey. I did some Crossfit type stuff in Iraq - but didn't really have facilities for any varied approach as you would get in a gym. I'll start increasing that now that I'm back.

If anyone wants to communicate, share goals, pitfalls, etc, that would be great. I'm on this board and you can get me on yahoo as well.

If you'd like to follow my thread in the other forum to laugh at my stats and workouts - no issues there either.

Lot of great stories in Crossfit. I hope to read and see more and more of them now that I'm back. Best of luck to all.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
Kyle Miesse

Profile:
Re: Chuck Intro: Military & New Challenge

I don't have much to say about crossfit because I'm just starting myself, but I do want to wholeheartedly thank you for your service! I'm glad you made it home safe, even if you did have to come home to family drama. I hope that crossfit works out well for you.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
James White

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bledsoe View Post

Going to take the next 30 days and post my workouts, diet, weight, etc over in the workout/log area.

I've spent my whole life in exercise, sports, and the military. I have about 10yrs active duty now and my body has been beat up quite a bit. I have lingering medical problems and injuries and a ton of family drama that I returned to upon redeployment. Exercise has always been my salvation and my way to keep my own internal peace. I've neglected it since I returned from Iraq to deal with the family type drama. Had enough of that, now it's time to get back to normal.

Crossfit is the next step in this journey. I did some Crossfit type stuff in Iraq - but didn't really have facilities for any varied approach as you would get in a gym. I'll start increasing that now that I'm back.

If anyone wants to communicate, share goals, pitfalls, etc, that would be great. I'm on this board and you can get me on yahoo as well.

If you'd like to follow my thread in the other forum to laugh at my stats and workouts - no issues there either.

Lot of great stories in Crossfit. I hope to read and see more and more of them now that I'm back. Best of luck to all.
I searched for your workout log. Can you post a link so that I may follow and encourage you?
Old 06-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Jonathan P. Hicks

Profile:

Good Luck Chuck. You will be surprised by the improvement. If you are looking for a common thread to your progress check out my blog: CF Trials and Tribulations
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 PM   #5
Tina Dobson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bledsoe View Post

Welcome home, and thank you for your service!