CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #3451
Todd Crawford

Profile:
Re: Where's the Girl Power?

My wife actually did a WOD with me yesterday and this morning.... She doesn't know it was CF, but she emailed me mid-morning and said that she actually feels like she did something other than spend her time on the eliptical... asked to come with me in the morning....
Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #3452
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
The world needs more like you cf ladies.
Indeed .
Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #3453
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Crawford View Post
My wife actually did a WOD with me yesterday and this morning.... She doesn't know it was CF, but she emailed me mid-morning and said that she actually feels like she did something other than spend her time on the eliptical... asked to come with me in the morning....

Tread lightly...
Old 06-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #3454
Departed

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
YEA! Welcome!
I love this place, I love all the strong azz ladies on here! You'd think with a buch of us women we'd get catty but it turns out this is the most encouraging, empowering, inspiring, uplifting (haha-pun) place.
I think women become catty when they lack self confidence, or are envious of others. Crossfit gives us confidence. When we have confidence in ourselves we can be happy for others who are making progress and are doing/looking well. When we're genuinely happy for them we can support them fully without it interfering with our own egos. Yet another reason to be friends with strong women.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #3455
Eileen Schreiber

Profile:

This sucks. It really sucks. But my Crossfit community on Facebook is really pulling me through. I get to post stupid pictures (thanks T for making it OK to be a camera whore), I get to name my Knee KneeZilla, and have friends send me things like wonder woman bracelets.

Hey y'all. Take care of your damned selves! LOL Injury SUCKS. It is the WORST. So just don't do it.. OK?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new wheelchair.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	477.4 KB
ID:	6461  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #3456
Stephanie Rochford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Dobson View Post
Seeing as you are in Oceanside I would assume you are either a Marine or navy wife. If you can do THAT, you can rock crossfit. Welcome to the group; I am only just getting re-involved myself. Lots to learn but you'll have a great time. I don't know if this is your first deployment or not, but if it is, working out will be the only thing that keeps you sane (and away from cookies and chocolate, LOL). And the treadmill experience will definitely help you out!
Thanks for the welcome! This actually isn't my first, but I agree whole heartedly that keeping active helps in just about every aspect. I feel down right fabulous after I get home from getting my butt kicked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Rutherford View Post
YEA! Welcome!
I love this place, I love all the strong azz ladies on here! You'd think with a buch of us women we'd get catty but it turns out this is the most encouraging, empowering, inspiring, uplifting (haha-pun) place.
And yes, we women do cook and clean--meat and weights!
I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy Cobb View Post
I think women become catty when they lack self confidence, or are envious of others. Crossfit gives us confidence. When we have confidence in ourselves we can be happy for others who are making progress and are doing/looking well. When we're genuinely happy for them we can support them fully without it interfering with our own egos. Yet another reason to be friends with strong women.
And this pretty much sums up my rant that I find myself having at least once a week. Thank you!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:16 PM   #3457
Todd Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie Rochford View Post
And this pretty much sums up my rant that I find myself having at least once a week. Thank you!
Some might think a weekly rant to be "catty"
Old 06-07-2010, 07:21 PM   #3458
Tina Dobson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara Cohen View Post
I feel your pain. I have a rotator cuff injury right now, and I'm assuming 4-6 weeks of resting it.

Definitely look at Steven's stuff. Rest. Don't do any movements that aggravate it. Ice. Fish oil. I'm having ART done in the meantime. See if you have a chiro in your area who does ART.
Have you had success with ART? The year before last, I went to one of the supposed leading ART chiros, in fact he's considered one of the pioneers. It was about a week and a half before I was to run a marathon and I was having some tendonitis and went to be on the safe side. He bruised my knee so bad that it was swollen and purple within two hours. He was also the only chiro outside of my friend, a chiro on the west coast. Needless to say, I am now really skittish about ART now. What are your thoughts?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #3459
Stephanie Rochford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Crawford View Post
Some might think a weekly rant to be "catty"
Meow.

I suppose I could have specified "a weekly rant with myself" to remove the fear of me ranting weekly on a public forum. Do not fear.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #3460
Tamara Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Dobson View Post
Have you had success with ART? The year before last, I went to one of the supposed leading ART chiros, in fact he's considered one of the pioneers. It was about a week and a half before I was to run a marathon and I was having some tendonitis and went to be on the safe side. He bruised my knee so bad that it was swollen and purple within two hours. He was also the only chiro outside of my friend, a chiro on the west coast. Needless to say, I am now really skittish about ART now. What are your thoughts?
I had great success with ART for rehabbing my hamstring tear. I had some work done on my bicep at some point last year when I had an overuse issue with my elbow. I've only had 3 ART sessions on my shoulder. Two were previous to Regionals immediately after I hurt my shoulder, and I was able to get through 2 WODs, PR my C&J, PR my 500m row, and hit muscle ups and pullups without pain at Regionals. Now...last week, I was an idiot, and I didn't rest my shoulder because it was my one year CF anniversary. I'm paying the price for that. So, I am sitting out of WODs for now, squatting heavy, and having ART done.