CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #31
Jeremiah Pocock

Profile:
Re: Affiliation!!!!!

Ouch Chris, thats a long time. as for the other post about responses/feedback from affiliatesupport, i have been waiting almost 2 weeks for response to an email inquiry as well. assume they are pretty swamped, I have been watching the affiliate finder map for updates regarding boxes in my region and in the last few days there have been like half dozen added and thats just in the area surrounding OH so guessing they have a big stack of emails to sort through to get us all taken care of. Doesn't change the fact that the wait is killing us! lol
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
Silvio Guzman

Profile:

I check my phone all day long for that email. I even wake up in the middle of the night to check. .lol... this is torture. ... 5weeks tomorrow... keeping my fingers crossed
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #33
Amy Penry

Profile:
Affiliation!!!!!

5 Weeks today........waiting long and hard for that one very special email that says YES you can be apart of our crossfit family!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on affiliate~~~ North Platte, NE is waiting
Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #34
Michael L Gardner

Profile:

This Saturday will be my 4th week, waiting patiently, kind of haha. I have done well up until now.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #35
Steve Loeding

Profile:

I wouldn't sweat it too much- think about all that is going on for CrossFit right now - the Open, Regionals, Games, seminars, all the new applications for affiliates.

It just takes time - in the meantime, I would use this waiting period to make sure I had everything set up ready to go - systems - what are your membership rates and packages, do you have the best and most economical processing for payments, website ready to launch, enough equipment, plans for the future ( growth - do you have enough time, will you need more trainers, do you have enough room to expand ), etc.

If you're already training people, you'll be getting more onboard simply by word of mouth, if they like it and are making progress.

Patience grasshoppers, patience.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #36
Chris Cummins

Profile:

Wise words Steve. The wait had proved a good one as its given me a chance to do exactly as you say. I have a website ready to launch as soon as I get the affiliation

It is a waiting game, and good things come to those who wait (hopefully!!!)
Old 04-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #37
Chris Cummins

Profile:

Well, today is the day!! Got my email approving my initial application. I'm going to sign the contract and get the fee paid and await confirmation

Absolutely over the moon!!!!! Today is a GOOD day. Thank you CFHQ affiliation team.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #38
Jeremiah Pocock

Profile:

Right on Chris, good for you! Mine came through in the middle of the night going into a Fri too and was pretty nice to wake up to. Now just waiting on my go-ahead after pmt, ins, and licensing agreement.... Will keep everyone posted....
Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 AM   #39
Chris Cummins

Profile:

Holy cow... I just paid and signed the license agreement and got an immediate response saying:

'Thank you! We have received your paperwork and your payment which means CrossFit Skipton is now active'.

BEST DAY EVER!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #40
Jeremiah Pocock

Profile:

Lucky Dog! Must be trickier to process here in states. Just over 2 weeks on that end of the process and still not active. Did recieve immediate confirmtaion on license agreement & pmt, but had to upload copy of insurance and still have not heard back. Awesome for you though, have fun! guess you get to graduate from the limbo board...