CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:
Get Rx'd Guillotine

Does anyone have experience with this rack? I've looked around and can't seem to find anything on here. Get Rx'd gets great reviews for its rigs but I haven't seen anything for the Guillotine. It looks pretty good, especially for the price. and looks compatable with their rig accessories.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Snir Golan

Profile:
Re: Get Rx'd Guillotine

i am also interested in any reviews of this rack.i am in the market for a new rack with safety arms and maybe a few other items.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Shane Scott

Profile:

I seriously considered going with the Guillotine from Get Rx'd, but the wonky pull up bar that rotates (see their disclaimer on the product page) and the short spotter bars put me off. I'm pretty frugal, so I am always looking for a good deal-which is why I gave this so much consideration. In the end, I ended up spending a few extra dollars and going with a Rogue S-2. Couldn't be happier with my decision. The S-2 is a tank and will last forever! And Rogue's shipping and customer service is the best.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Not sure why you'd seriously consider the guillotine? With the pull up bar and large shipping charge?

I'd either go with the S-2 or the A-1/W-1 from Rep Fitness http://www.repfitness.com/weightlift...nt/squat-racks (WFS) depending on whether you want it mobile or in a garage. Pluses and minuses with both, but I'd go that route before any other.

I mean, as Shane said... all this stuff is made in the USA and built to last forever.

Not to throw the thread off topic.. but is that picture you have of your garage gym? Any more pictures?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
James Shelby

Profile:

My only experience with the Get-RXd rigs is the crappy quality of the powder coating. Rig itself is bulletproof, but the powder coating is not top notch.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #6
Steven Nedorolik

Profile:

I'm still in research mode, but if it has good reviews from actual users, then yeah, I'll seriously consider it. For $350 (plus 125 for shipping) it includes the spotter arms and plate storage. These are sold separately for the S-2.

I do like the W-1 from Rep sold by Rep Fitness. They're made in CO and noticed them on Craigslist not too long ago.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I'll probably end up with Rogue because of their reputation, quality and service but wanted to look in on some other options.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Duffy Mahoney

Profile:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/spo/3474671473.html

No idea if shipping would be worth it or not. But these seem like a good deal.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
Quinn Walkley

Profile:

I have it and I like it. I only dead hang so the pull up bar doesn't bother me. It seems well constructed and very stable. I have had it for about a month now and couldn't be happier. I also live in Houston so I drove down and picked it up. For $350 I couldn't beat it.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Mark Dong

Profile:

Hi Steven,

I have bought a lot of equipment from getrxd and have had no complaints with them. They are here in town so I save a lot on shipping. I was there today and was looking at the Rigzilla and will be getting one in about a month or so. Their guillotine stand was there and it looked solid. Didnt play on it though. Now, I also have the S-2 guillotine from Rogue. I dont have it bolted down and we kip on it with no issues. It does wobble but hasnt fallen or tipped over and we were kipping pretty hard too. Hope that helps.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #10
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Nedorolik View Post
I'm still in research mode, but if it has good reviews from actual users, then yeah, I'll seriously consider it. For $350 (plus 125 for shipping) it includes the spotter arms and plate storage. These are sold separately for the S-2.

I do like the W-1 from Rep sold by Rep Fitness. They're made in CO and noticed them on Craigslist not too long ago.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I'll probably end up with Rogue because of their reputation, quality and service but wanted to look in on some other options.
Can't go wrong either way. Made in the USA, quality steel, etc. Just a personal preference in the end of how you want your gym to be set up / where you can get a great deal.