CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 12-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #11
Keith Miller

Profile:
Re: Snatch and c&j coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson View Post
Thanks

I have the singlet and just had shorts on over the bottom part since the wife hates the sausage look it gives.

I'm really working on my form and going in February to Houston for the lvl 1 USA weightlifting cert. Started training my 9 and 11 year old this month as they love going to the meets and watching and doing.

Worst part was I basically muscle snatched my 245 and 265 c&j (can upload those later).

Have been working on the snatch balance some as I just can't seem to find a way to pull myself under the bar...

Of course I've only started to really focus on these lifts the last few months and am loving them. I don't feel as beat up at the end of the week compared to some weeks with 5 days of Crossfit.
To work on pulling under the bar, try tall snatches. The form I used to get so much better at this is: stand with the bar at arm's length in the hip crease, start by going up onto the toes and shrugging down to pull yourself under the bar in as deep a squat as possible. Do 5-10 reps for several sets, and no muscling the bar. Start with the bar and progress slowly.