CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
Tim Squires

Profile:
Possible issue with new Rogue comp plates?

I've been using the new rogue comp plates for a little over two weeks now and my only real complaint is how they fit on the bar. As you can see in the video they are far from snug on my Mens Rogue bar and actually have a lot of play. Even with clips on, after one dropped snatch or CJ and the plates shift 4+ inches from the collars and have to be readjusted. Does anyone else have experience with these or is this more of an isolated issue?

http://youtu.be/Ehy7pEGUcF0
Old 12-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
John Burgeson

Profile:
Re: Possible issue with new Rogue comp plates?

That doesn't look right... Bill will probably chime in on that. Is it just the 25's?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #3
Tim Squires

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Burgeson View Post
That doesn't look right... Bill will probably chime in on that. Is it just the 25's?
Nope it's on the full set of 25s-55s whichade more inclined to belive it's how they were made.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
Tim Squires

Profile:

I should note that these are "blem" plates however before I purchased I contacted rogue and was assured the only issue would be some potential minor rusting due to how the center hubs were refinished/reworked.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:08 PM   #5
John Burgeson

Profile:

Is that maybe why they are in Closeout already?

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-competition-plates WFS
Old 12-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #6
John Burgeson

Profile:

Oh I didn't see that before I responded. Gotcha. Ya I dunno
Old 01-01-2015, 11:40 AM   #7
Steven Thunander

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Squires View Post
I've been using the new rogue comp plates for a little over two weeks now and my only real complaint is how they fit on the bar. As you can see in the video they are far from snug on my Mens Rogue bar and actually have a lot of play. Even with clips on, after one dropped snatch or CJ and the plates shift 4+ inches from the collars and have to be readjusted. Does anyone else have experience with these or is this more of an isolated issue?

http://youtu.be/Ehy7pEGUcF0

What generation is the bar?
Old 01-01-2015, 02:41 PM   #8
Tim Squires

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thunander View Post
What generation is the bar?
1st...plates fit the same on two different 1st gen Bella bars, Ohio bar and generic mens bar.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:08 AM   #9
William Henniger

Profile:

Tim hit me up via email so I will get him taken care of.

The 1st round of Comp plates we got had some hub issues as stated on the page and that is why we are running Hundo pricing to clear them out.

We have a Gen 2 version coming later this month that we cleared up all this issues.

That being said you are always going to see looser fit up issues the worst on the 25's because they are narrow but here are the general specs(Not any 1 vendor's specs just what you will see across the variants):

1) Bar Sleeve OD - Most bars are 50.0 +/- 0.1 - This varies a bit by manufacturer.

2) Plate Hub ID - Most comp plates are 50.4 +/- 0.2 - Have seen max tolerances up to +/- 0.5

That means you will have the gap between the two as your fit.

We keep a library of different plates and ran a 50.6 Plug gauge on them and they fit all brands so I think the spec above is pretty accurate. Using calipers will get you the exact measurement so I am going to swap a pair of Tim's plates to see what he has.

Thanks

Bill
Old 01-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #10
Joey Allen

Profile:

Hey Tim, what collars are you using? Could it be that they are older and slightly worn out causing much of the plate movement when dropped? Maybe it's time for some high-end collars if you'll be dropping the plates a ton. Some nice Ivanko, Eleiko, American Barbell, etc. collars might just be the ticket for ya.. Not cheap though. Just a thought..

I have the same 1st gen Rogue comp bumpers and am quite happy with them coming from their older color training bumpers. My new Rogue comp plates fit similar to yours. Personally, I can't imagine needing them to fit much tighter for my uses.. might become a pain just to load them on the bar with too tight a tolerance. I am the only one using mine though and they do not see a bunch of heavy drops.

Anyways, good luck finding your solution. Looks like Bill is taking good care of ya.