CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Jack Yee

Profile:
Recieving Snatch too high

Hello All: I am having trouble reciving my snatches. I am straight up in a power clean and would like to recieve the bar a low as possible. Been doing drop snatches, but with little improvements. Any ideas or drills?

Thanks
J
Old 07-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: Recieving Snatch too high

It sounds like you're doing a power snatch, which is possible at relatively lighter weights. So you've either got an issue with your confidence getting under the bar, or you're going too light to need to drop all the way under it into a snatch rather than a power snatch.

If it's the former, keep working on snatch balances and tall snatches to get used to pushing/pulling yourself under the bar. If it's the latter and your form is good, go heavier to force you to get under the bar rather than power snatching it.