CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Aushion Chatman

Profile:
Mindbody to Zenplanner CC switch

Hey all,

For any of you that have switched from MBO to ZP. How did you go about getting CC/Debit Card info into ZP. Did you just have everyone come in and resubmit their info, or is there a tool to pull the info out of MBO?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Alec Hanson

Profile:
Re: Mindbody to Zenplanner CC switch

We did this, and yes, it's a complete re-entry process for their info. Pain in the butt and worth it. Just keep MB active and slowly roll over people into Zen. Set aside 1-3 months depending on how many members you have.

Also, small tip, when changing them, encourage (force) them to provide checking account info and process charges as an ACH charge.

WAY cheaper in the long run as ACH charges are less expensive than someone using a debit/credit card.

-Alec
Old 11-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Hanson View Post
We did this, and yes, it's a complete re-entry process for their info. Pain in the butt and worth it. Just keep MB active and slowly roll over people into Zen. Set aside 1-3 months depending on how many members you have.

Also, small tip, when changing them, encourage (force) them to provide checking account info and process charges as an ACH charge.

WAY cheaper in the long run as ACH charges are less expensive than someone using a debit/credit card.

-Alec
Thansk Alec!

I actually just heard back from MBO they said when we cancel we can get all CC info from them. But I definitely agree I will switch as many as possible to ACH!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Joshua Hass

Profile:

If you don't mind me asking, why are you switching from MBO to ZP?
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Steve Rakow

Profile:

We switched from MBO to ZP last summer. Functionality and ease of use were the primary reasons. Costs a bit less too.

As for transferring the CC data over, we were able to cross the member data, but not the CC data. As part of the switch, and to get our members to go to ZP to update their profile and input CC, we had a context each week for 3 weeks. All but about 20% of the members voluntarily updated their info. After that, we had to chase down or hound the those 20% to input their data or provide new CC info to us to do it for them. All in all, it really wasn't that hard to do.

Now that we've switched over, we really like it. The only thing i don't like about ZP is that you can't do refunds through ZP like you could in MBO. You have to go to the card processor and do it separately. We use Paysimple. Other than that, ZP seems to us a better fit for the business model we have.