CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #11
Joey Dussel

Profile:
Re: Trying to open a new facility

I wouldn't run a group-on deal I don't think. Doesn't seem like a great idea to run classes for really cheap or have a lot of people who you train for a couple classes and then they move on.

Bottom line in my head is this, don't try to match the globo gym prices--Instead work hard to make your training WORTH the higher price per month. CrossFit fees are for the coaching, not access to the equipment in your box.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
Eric McKinley

Profile:

Frank:

1) What type of location did you look for when you first started? Did you look for a warehouse or an old gym to take over?

Being in a small-medium size town the previous Gym option wasn't really available.We went looking for a warehouse.

2) What size square footage do you believe would be the minimum necessary?
I think the old stand by quoted from John Gilson and the "Again Faster" series is 200 sq/ft

3) How did the financing of the gym work? Did you try to buy something and get a loan from the bank or was it all privately financed/leased from the people involved in running it?
We leased with owner provided money.

4) Is there a minimum per month that must be charged for membership? Can I set a price that I believe is fair in order to try to compete with other gyms such as Bally's/Gold's not necessarily another CrossFit location?
You set your own price

5) Is there any software out there that you recommend to keep track of attendance/contracts?
We're moving to Zenplanner from nothing. I would recommend you start out with some kind of member tracking software from the get go.

6) Is there a best way to get set-up to accept credit card payments from members including monthly payments automatically debited if someone signs up for a year package?
The guys at Zenplanner had vendors they work with and provided that information to us.

hope this helps... good luck.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Scott Harres

Profile:

this is a test
Old 11-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Brian Strump

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Harres View Post