CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Tim Luby
Member Tim Luby is offline
 
Tim Luby's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwood  NJ
Posts: 972
Fantasy football 2008

Thought I'd start a FF thread where all us CFers could help each other beat our non-CF FF foes. I always love a little sit/start advise.

Here's my lineup:

Brees
Cutler
Andrea Johnson
Santana Moss
Greg Jennings
Vincent Jackson (for week 1, also have Brandon Marshall who's suspended)
Addai
Maroney
Ronnie Brown
Heath Miller
Vernon Davis
Gostkowski
Pittsburg

Go Giants!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Jason David
Affiliate Jason David is offline
 
Jason David's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Clair Shores  MI
Posts: 3,037
Re: Fantasy football 2008

who are your backups?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
Jacob Cloud
Member Jacob Cloud is offline
 
Jacob Cloud's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin  TX
Posts: 1,479
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Ronnie Brown? I'd rather start Ricky - this week, for sure.


<---- 4 leagues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 AM   #4
Tim Luby
Member Tim Luby is offline
 
Tim Luby's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwood  NJ
Posts: 972
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Cloud View Post
Ronnie Brown? I'd rather start Ricky - this week, for sure.


<---- 4 leagues.
Yeah it's a tough call--looks like they're gonna split carries. I have LenDale on my bench, but he's up against Jax.

Four leagues--my god!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #5
Tim Luby
Member Tim Luby is offline
 
Tim Luby's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwood  NJ
Posts: 972
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
who are your backups?
LenDale
Ahman Green
Stalworth
Schaub
Greg Olsen
Chris Johnson

Eh.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
Jason David
Affiliate Jason David is offline
 
Jason David's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Clair Shores  MI
Posts: 3,037
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Cloud View Post
Ronnie Brown? I'd rather start Ricky - this week, for sure.


<---- 4 leagues.
Is Ronnie Brown not healthy?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #7
Tim Luby
Member Tim Luby is offline
 
Tim Luby's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwood  NJ
Posts: 972
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason David View Post
Is Ronnie Brown not healthy?
He's good to go. How durable will he be? Well, that's the question.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
Jacob Cloud
Member Jacob Cloud is offline
 
Jacob Cloud's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin  TX
Posts: 1,479
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Ricky was very impressive in pre-season, and as usual, hopes are high. I doubt he'll be durable, but ya never know. I ran into him once in a mall in Austin. Dude's strong. His neck is about as thick as my leg, which is saying something.

Tim, I think CJ is your best sleeper. I was able to pick him up pretty late in one league and am sure he's gonna start stealing scores from my fellow buffet-killer (LenDale) pretty soon. I can't wait to see him run.

But Ahman Green? Trade, trade!

Let's see, here's one of my starting rosters in a league that gives points for return yards:
Matt Hasselbeck
Roy Williams
Nate Burleson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Brian Westbrook
Laurence Maroney
Jason Witten
Mason Crosby
Dallas

Bench:
Devin Hester
Darren McFadden
Jon Kitna
Deuce McAllister
Chris Perry
Antwaan Randle El

I'll probably adjust this a bit before Sunday, but we'll see. It's tempting to start McFadden over Maroney. I've got my opponent covered by a good bit so I can probably get away with a little risk. Kitna might be a better start than Matt, but I gotta have a little hometown love for my 'Hawks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
Tim Luby
Member Tim Luby is offline
 
Tim Luby's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Norwood  NJ
Posts: 972
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Cloud View Post
Ricky was very impressive in pre-season, and as usual, hopes are high. I doubt he'll be durable, but ya never know. I ran into him once in a mall in Austin. Dude's strong. His neck is about as thick as my leg, which is saying something.

Tim, I think CJ is your best sleeper. I was able to pick him up pretty late in one league and am sure he's gonna start stealing scores from my fellow buffet-killer (LenDale) pretty soon. I can't wait to see him run.

But Ahman Green? Trade, trade!

Let's see, here's one of my starting rosters in a league that gives points for return yards:
Matt Hasselbeck
Roy Williams
Nate Burleson
Ted Ginn Jr.
Brian Westbrook
Laurence Maroney
Jason Witten
Mason Crosby
Dallas

Bench:
Devin Hester
Darren McFadden
Jon Kitna
Deuce McAllister
Chris Perry
Antwaan Randle El

I'll probably adjust this a bit before Sunday, but we'll see. It's tempting to start McFadden over Maroney. I've got my opponent covered by a good bit so I can probably get away with a little risk. Kitna might be a better start than Matt, but I gotta have a little hometown love for my 'Hawks.
I'd stick with Maroney at least for this week and go with your boy Hasselbeck.

How about this dilema: Vincent Jackson or Stalworth to start this week? I'm thinking the Browns are gonna be throwing a lot to catch up to the Cboys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #10
Jacob Cloud
Member Jacob Cloud is offline
 
Jacob Cloud's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Austin  TX
Posts: 1,479
Re: Fantasy football 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Luby View Post
I'd stick with Maroney at least for this week and go with your boy Hasselbeck.

How about this dilema: Vincent Jackson or Stalworth to start this week? I'm thinking the Browns are gonna be throwing a lot to catch up to the Cboys.

Ohhh, that's a toughie. A toss-up probably, but I'm with you, I think Stallworth has the better shot, even though he's going against a tough secondary (although Newman might be out...). Started Derek Anderson in one league because I think they'll be airing it out playing catch-up. Also had to start Jamal in another, but I'm not counting on big points from him.
I have Vincent Jackson starting in my scrub league but don't have high hopes. The Dallas - Cleveland game outta be pretty high scoring, giving everyone a chance. Chargers - Panthers I'm thinking will be lower scoring, meaning the TDs are most likely to go to LT, Gates, and Chambers before Vincent gets one. But you never know!
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CrossFit Fantasy Football League David Schlesselman Stuff and Nonsense 5 08-07-2008 07:36 PM
Fantasy Football League? Danielle Benford Stuff and Nonsense 8 08-07-2008 07:27 PM
Position for football? Jacob Rumschik Fitness 16 03-14-2008 11:19 PM
Football Joseph Crupi Fitness 15 11-12-2007 01:02 AM
Football Jacob Rumschik Starting 2 10-21-2007 06:59 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.