CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 AM   #1871
Vic McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

No fight in Friday's workout. Saturday did not feel like working out so lazy day. Celebrated my old gym's 5th birthday party. Great to see the folks as always.

Sunday- warm up with rope climbs and rowing. Total of 5k rowing, some AA Bike, 10 r climbs and 16 mu. Was good form. Did 7 reps un broken.

Learned how to have a micro rest on the bottom. MU take so much energy for me. I have to learn how to coast a bit to allow my mu endurance to build.

Took the boat out on the San Vincente lake. Great day, sunset, anchor a bit. Finally the boat performed well on this lake. Lake Hodges is next week. It a bigger lake about 20 miles away.

Going to go back and see the training for the Granite Games qualifier. I was going well for that one.

Wodapolluza qualifier- 6 workouts
Wodapolluza event- 8 workouts
Open- 5 workouts
MQ- 4 workouts
Granite Games qualifier- 7 workouts
Granite games- 8 workouts
Games- 8 workouts-

So have estimated 45 plus workouts left in the the next 11 months. Not that bad if you mind set it like this.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 09-17-2018, 02:43 PM   #1872
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Went over the last few months of working out-
Last planned goals in May 2018-

Must have fun working out- for the most part yes have been doing this.

Must stay as injury free as possible- (only one speeding ticket working with the 180lb sand bag then heavy cleans the day prior.)

Start doing more comps again. (Yes did this) Doing one on May 19th- (completed this one) Signing up for the Granite Games qualifier in June. (yes did this one.)

Meeting with Coach Kyle 2x's per week to train with him. I have been my best when training with him over the years but get injured. So will have to scale on the heavy stuff. - (Only one session on the lake with him. But did do some granite games qualifiers with him.)

Coach Corey has taking a slight interest in me so will do some training with him. He swims each Thursday will have to do this with him. (not so much)

I have my pick out of the hat 5-6 days a week. Each ticket has a movement that I do 50 reps of. (did not do this much maybe 3 times)

Training for King Kong. So that will improve my deadlift. (stopped the training for it when I realized I won't have to do this as a 50 year old)

Going on vacations a bunch this year. Will help my mental side.(yes totally did this- went to Colorado, Canada twice, Big Bear, Lakes around SD)

Have a Rogue Echo and a ghd in my shop so will hit those a bunch.(did this for a while, I should take the Echo to the gym)

Doing the class workouts along with the other stuff 4 days per week. (did this for a bit, need to start to do it again)

Going to take a complete day off on Thursday. (completed this well)

My strength program is going to come from the floor. So front squats rep one will be the first front squat. OHS will be from the first squat snatch. (not so much)

Continue to do my 2800 meters each day along with the echo bike. (completed 1,000,000 meters goal in 365 days)

Get on a diet and lose 10 lbs or so.(lost 5-6 lbs so far)

Going to take my boat out to an island near me and workout with sand bags, stand up paddle, run, and yoga.(been taking the boat out but not in the salt water, maybe have to find another place to do this.)

How will I judge myself and progress. (good run on last few months)

Comps will tell me alot. How interested I am into going in the pain cave? (won the Granite Games, big comp but didn't have to go into the pain cave but only once and that was for less than a min)

Next goal is to train hard for the Wodapollaza Qual next month. Starting Oct 3rd. 16 days from now. Then do that comp in Jan, Open, MQ, Granite games again then the push God willing to the Games for that top step. That is the plan.

Start dead lifting again
Wall balls to warm up in the office, hip circle, ohs with my 25# db
Strict work, c2b, dips, t2b
Get that snatch back
Ghd and echo bike

Monday- long warm up at office, DL then the class workout
Tuesday- long warm up at the office, Snatch work, class workout
Wed- long endurance work with Club 777, then class workout
Thursday- off
Friday- long warm up at office, DL sumo and class workout
Saturday- AM workout with the beasts
Sunday- rope climbs, ghd's and Mu (choice of aab, air runner, ski erg or rowing) Boat ride
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #1873
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Monday- long warm up at work, ghd, wall balls, ohs with 25# db, glute ham raise, hip circle. Off to the gym. Bird feeders, body cross upside down kb presses, more bird feeders. My right shoulder is feeling like it needs extra attention.

Enter the dead lift. Its been a while. Rust flaking off.
115,205,255,305,355,375, 395 super heavy singles. Back down to 305# felt ok.

Power clean to check in- 115,135,165,185,205,225 felt ok.

Push press- taking it easy on my shoulders- 95,135,155,175,190

Metcon-
15 burpees over the bar buy in
21/15/9
Front Squats 135# ugh.. slow and heavy
Pull ups- broke them up
15 burpees over the bar cash out
5:59rx

Rowed total of 2k, AAB 50 cal total.

Not much fight in those movements. Guess just getting back into it after a mental break.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:06 PM   #1874
Alex Burden

Profile:

Enjoyed reading your plan from May.

You seem to have your priorities 1-10 in order and seem to be having more fun and enjoying it...

Thats the most important thing Vic, it has to be fun for you and your other half
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #1875
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Alex,
Yes vacations and fun outside work and gym is great. Its so relaxing taking the boat out, turning it off in a cove and just chilling. Plus workouts are more fun. I believe that I have goal with an ending point that is realistic under the right conditions.

Cheers
Vic
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #1876
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday- chilled after work. Did some shoulder rehab. Its has been a bit wonkey for sure. Floss, stretch and some band work.

Hip circle, rowing, bird feeders, good warm up.

Power snatch- 45,75,95,125,135,145,155,165,175, feeling ok then 185 was a pull on the shoulder. That was it for going heavy. I backed down to reps at 115,135,155 feeling better. Got a really tight floss on it felt good.

Power clean and jerk warm up- more rowing then enter the metcon-

7 min metcon
Run 800 meters
Max c&j 185# in reminder of time- about 3 min worth- 15 reps

Rest 2 min

6 min metcon
Run 600 meters
Max snatches 155# in reminder of time- about 3 min also- 15 reps

Rest 2 min

4 min metcon
Run 400 meters
Max thrusters 135# in reminder of time- about 2 min - 19 reps

Cool down and did ghd (25 or so) then hollow rocks (35 of them) more rowing.

Hard 3 days for me. Still fighting not wanting to push things that hard.

Going to just endurance row, ride and ski today and work on my shoulder.

Thursday will be a complete day off from the gym.

Will hit it hard on Fri, Sat, Med on Sunday.