CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #11
Nathan Lancaster

Profile:
Re: ViSalus Products Feedback

Oh no!! I'm not a spammer. I'm legitimately asking a question. Sorry, I checked the message board yesterday and no replies so I thought everyone was ignoring me and was busy today I feel that my sleep habits are pretty good because I will go to bed around 10pm and get up around 7am (if my 2 year old lets me). Stress is pretty low but it will come and go depending on work. As far as my carb intake, I want to say its around 150g a day perhaps and that is all through fruits and veggies. I usually do crossfit 3 to 4 times a week and in those workouts I feel gassed afterwords. When finished with a WOD I usually do a WHEY protein shake in whole milk which sometimes helps me feel recovered. I was just thinking of changing my current post workout protein supplement to be the ViSalus shake instead of my current. I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight but it would be nice to lean out a little more. I have been doing paleo for about 10 months and it seems that I have plateaued with my progress. I know its a MLM product but everything it had in it sounded good.

Last edited by Nathan Lancaster : 08-10-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #12
Nathan Lancaster

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
Drive the spammer out of town!
Not a spammer
Old 08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Lancaster View Post
I was just thinking of changing my current post workout protein supplement to be the ViSalus shake instead of my current. I'm not trying to lose a bunch of weight but it would be nice to lean out a little more.
If trying to lean out knock out the shakes, and the dairy. If looking to add mass then use the PWO protein shakes and drink your milk.

Make sure your eating matches your goals.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
Nathan Lancaster

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
If trying to lean out knock out the shakes, and the dairy. If looking to add mass then use the PWO protein shakes and drink your milk.

Make sure your eating matches your goals.
Maybe my goals are contradicting each other then or maybe i'm just going about them the wrong way. I want to become leaner but at the same time become stronger. Maybe do protein but not combined with the dairy (that's the only time I do the dairy is post WOD). As for my feeling of fatigue and post WOD weakness would you suggest eating more carbs (fruits) a few hours pre-wod? Or more fats (almonds, egg, etc?)
Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Hard to say without knowing what yo are doing for workouts, what you are eating, and what your sleep is like.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Lancaster View Post
Maybe my goals are contradicting each other then or maybe i'm just going about them the wrong way. I want to become leaner but at the same time become stronger. Maybe do protein but not combined with the dairy (that's the only time I do the dairy is post WOD). As for my feeling of fatigue and post WOD weakness would you suggest eating more carbs (fruits) a few hours pre-wod? Or more fats (almonds, egg, etc?)
Yes, your goals are contradictory.

Lots of people try to "lean out" when they don't actually have any muscles to reveal. Those people should worry about getting stronger and usually need to eat more, not less.

Fatigue after a workout is normal, fatigue generally through the day is a sign that you need to eat more generally, and usually more carbs in particular.

But without more information, it's impossible to be more specific.

Katherine
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #17
Nathan Lancaster

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine Derbyshire View Post
Yes, your goals are contradictory.

Lots of people try to "lean out" when they don't actually have any muscles to reveal. Those people should worry about getting stronger and usually need to eat more, not less.

Fatigue after a workout is normal, fatigue generally through the day is a sign that you need to eat more generally, and usually more carbs in particular.

But without more information, it's impossible to be more specific.

Katherine
Forgive me for not posting my nutrition, I should have done it sooner. Here is a typical day
Breakfast:
2 Hard boiled Eggs
3 Sausage Low Sodium Links
1 Fresh Fruit Smoothy. I use 8oz of almond milk, 1 med orange, 1 cup of strawberries, 1 banana and 1/2 cup of blueberries

Snack:
Raw carrots (about a cup)

Lunch
Chicken Breast with fresh tomato or I'll do a 6oz eye of round steak
6 cups of veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)

Snack (2hrs before WOD)
Another hard boiled egg

Post Wod
Milk protein shake

Dinner:
Usually chicken, steak, or a ground beef mixture of some kind. I usually do a side of fresh veggie or sweet potato.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #18
Chris Mason

Profile:

I looked at the company's website. It looks like a bunch of horse**** to me... Typical b.s. health claims and "anti-aging" formulas etc.

So, Nathan Lancaster, what CrossFit box do you train at? I think we should call and confirm they have a member by your name...
Old 08-11-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
Wayne Riddle

Profile:

Only helps in part as you aren't telling us what you do for a workout. Also add height, age, and weight.

And I agree with Chris on his description of the product.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #20
Nathan Lancaster

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Riddle View Post
Only helps in part as you aren't telling us what you do for a workout. Also add height, age, and weight.

And I agree with Chris on his description of the product.
I'm 29, 6'4, 200lbs. Like I said before i'll do anywhere from 3 to 4 WODs a week. Each WOD day consists of an hour workout (with warmup, WOD, cooldown).