CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 11-20-2002, 01:22 PM   #1
Juan E Enjamio

Profile:  
I have been lurking in the background for a while, but have just now decided to start the workouts. (Or as much of the workouts as my out of shape, 45 year old body will allow.) I do have a couple of questions which I didn’t see addressed on the new message board.

1- What is the recommended warmup routine for the crossfit workout? (I am currently doing about 5 min. of joint rotation exercises and about 5 min on an aerobic exercise machine like an elliptical x-trainer).
2- How do I fit the daily workouts with my other training, which consists of 2-3 karate training sessions a week? Do I schedule the workouts on non-karate days only, or is it OK to do both on some days? The concern, of course, is overtraining.

Thanks
Old 11-20-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
hi Juan
I think your warmup is great and is quite similar to what I have been doing. initially i really had a hard time including my martial arts training with the crossfit training. My work capacity has really increased and I generally do not have a problem. If the crossfit WOD is particularly grueling I may abreviate it to avoid being overly pooped for other training. Frank and I had an exchange about this previously...check that out and really just listen to your body....it will adapt if you give it time.

Hope this helps
Robb