CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-25-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
Mariah Serrano

Profile:
Hi, I am a sophomre in high school and I am taking a photoshop class. One of the assignments was to make advertisments for something you felt passionate about. So I therefore chose CrossFit. I am asking for help with any phrases that you think might help market CrossFit.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
The original slogan, tagline, motto for CrossFit is "Forging Elite Fitness." The various affiliates have their own and you can take a stroll through this message board and find many of them as the avatars under member's names. Mine for example is "Go Farther Faster, Be Stronger Longer." Some want you to "Release Your Inner Dawg" and others provide "Elite Fitness for the Masses." There are T-shirts that announce that "It doesn't have to be fun to be fun" and tell you to do it "Hard Fast Again."

The most critical piece that people need to know is not a slogan but rather our method, "The Way of CrossFit" if you will. CrossFit's method is to use a Variety of Functional exercises executed at high Intensity to develop elite fitness. Those three fundamentals, variety, functionality and intensity are what CrossFit is all about.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Skip Chase

Profile:
Great topic, Mariah!!!
Almost every day someone new will walk into Mt Baker CrossFit. The majority of the newcomers are 29-49 year old women. In almost every case, they will say/ask something like,"I can't do this can I? NO ONE here is as fat/deconditioned/unhealthy/overweight as I am."

I see that as the self image of the majority of the population of the western industrialized world.

I make it a point to say, "Who you are now, and where you are now is not important. The importance and the significance is in where you are going. You tell me where you want to be, and CrossFit will pave the way to your new destination. The journey begins every day at the door you just walked through."

www.mtbakercrossfit.blogspot.com
Old 03-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #4
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Skip,
interesting differences in our markets:

Yours think they can't!

Mine think they must!

The people coming to Capital CrossFit tend to come here bearing an atttude something like "I need to learn that!" "How do I do that?" "I NEED THIS MORE THAN ANYBODY!" is what I hear most often!

The handful of people who come thinking they can't do it find themselves addicted when they realise they can...

Oh and Elite Fitness ISN'T for Everybody or for the Masses! Elite Fitness is for those with the character to accept the challenge!!!}
Old 03-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Skip Chase

Profile:
No, I merely gave Mariah one suggestion.
They come to our door after hearing about us, knowing they must. We teach them they can. The outcome=they love it and become addicted. Yes, some never return, but most join!

No differences.

www.mtbakercrossfit.blogspot.com
Old 03-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Chris Lampe

Profile:
My favorite is "The Magic is in the Movements". I think it sums up the Crossfit philosophy quite well and is vague enough to grab folk's attention. That slogan plus a pic or even a montage of people doing some eyecatching exercises would be a great promo ad.

(Message edited by corwin1968 on March 25, 2007)
Old 03-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #7
Barry Cooper

Profile:
Mariah,

There have been a couple T-shirt slogan contests. Do a search for them. One a couple months ago and one, a year or two (three?) ago, that was VERY long. Hundreds of entries. There was a contest.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:45 PM   #8
Michael Manseau

Profile:
Mariah,
Looking forward to seeing what you finally come up. Good luck with the project/assignment.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #9
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
CrossFit - The Ultimate Performance Enhancer. That would make a great T-shirt.

Regarding that Elite Fitness thing for the masses. While I agree that it is not attainable by everyone it is now available to everyone...at least the training that takes you in that direction.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 AM   #10
Chris Kemp

Profile:
Mariah, here is the thread Barry mentioned

Some classics here (Some of these slogans are not work safe or family safe):

http://www.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/disc...3499&page=6099

Cheers, kempie