CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #2811
Pearse Shields

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
"Gross mechanical misalignment?" Is that even a thing?
Loosely translated, means "large-scale, **** gone wrong"

Old 09-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #2812
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
"Gross mechanical misalignment?" Is that even a thing?
No.Nothing that a PT who passed a board would not see.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #2813
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

good workout. some guy kept following me around the gym wanting to talk. i did so some other guy in there that was amazing. he said he was training for "bar stars" or something like that, haven't looked it up yet. but this guy did well over 100 dips in a row. he then did a bunch of bar muscleups with ease and no kip, did a bunch of one handed one are pullups, and then did over 50 chins. then he started doing it all again. guy didn't look that impressive but he certainly was the real deal.

cody, to work your press, i have a question. how do you press? bottom up or top down? and have you tried seated press? also, do you do any tricep work?

Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #2814
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Bar stars is a youtube thing with folks doing exactly what you describe Andrew.

Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #2815
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Think I figured it out - he is "grossly mechancial misaligning" himself when he squats. AKA he is doing it wrong. Pain when squatting seems to be the only symptom that isnt totally hypochondriac and irrelevent, and squats dont hurt on the inside of the knees unless you are doing them wrong.

Old 10-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #2816
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
good workout. some guy kept following me around the gym wanting to talk. i did so some other guy in there that was amazing. he said he was training for "bar stars" or something like that, haven't looked it up yet. but this guy did well over 100 dips in a row. he then did a bunch of bar muscleups with ease and no kip, did a bunch of one handed one are pullups, and then did over 50 chins. then he started doing it all again. guy didn't look that impressive but he certainly was the real deal.

cody, to work your press, i have a question. how do you press? bottom up or top down? and have you tried seated press? also, do you do any tricep work?
Bottom up for most but I notice as the weight goes up for either the last or second last I find myself pausing at the top instead of at the bottom. I don't do seated and as far as tricep work I either do ring dips, bench dips, hspu, or kb press somewhere in my routine. For example yesterday was my press day, warmed up with the klokov with an empty bar to try it out, did press with 1+ being 140 and put up 7, then did kb clean and press 5x5 each arm at 50lb.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #2817
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Lichtenwalner View Post
Bottom up for most but I notice as the weight goes up for either the last or second last I find myself pausing at the top instead of at the bottom. I don't do seated and as far as tricep work I either do ring dips, bench dips, hspu, or kb press somewhere in my routine. For example yesterday was my press day, warmed up with the klokov with an empty bar to try it out, did press with 1+ being 140 and put up 7, then did kb clean and press 5x5 each arm at 50lb.
I think you are doing fine. You have plenty of different assistance stuff in there, no reason to do 50 different things when 5 will do.

I will say, if you are getting 7 reps on your 1+ set, you should maybe consider adjusting your working max number a bit. From what I understand you really should be getting 8-10 reps on the 5+, 5-7 on the 3+ and 3-5 on the 1+ sets.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #2818
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

All these number confuse and enrage me!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #2819
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M. Hesse View Post
All these number confuse and enrage me!
Drink some morning coffee and try again

Old 10-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #2820
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
I think you are doing fine. You have plenty of different assistance stuff in there, no reason to do 50 different things when 5 will do.

I will say, if you are getting 7 reps on your 1+ set, you should maybe consider adjusting your working max number a bit. From what I understand you really should be getting 8-10 reps on the 5+, 5-7 on the 3+ and 3-5 on the 1+ sets.
My one rep strict press is 175 so that was the number I used. I will say I felt really strong yesterday. I haven't felt that good or strong on press in a long time.