CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 09-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #2611
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Sharknado

So yeah, we did a finisher tonight after weightlifting class. Get Sally up. Fml.

http://youtu.be/5Km0f5ZRscc (wfs)

The video is not our class.

Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #2612
Andrew Bell

Profile:

By the way, everything on this list is 17,635% true.

http://yestotexas.com/14-things-all-...at-least-once/ wfs

Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #2613
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Busy day here I missed guys. I got to the gym, was dead tired and worked on some video. Tomorrow I sit down with one of the co owners to talk about my office hours and maybe coaching. No way I want to be at the gym at 7@m MWF but I may also be the guy who can subclasses when need be.

We are also gonna run a trial podcast. Fitness but not just fitness. We have a pleuthora of crossfitters around Sac, SuperTraining next door, MMA, Martial arts, Yoga and Gymnsstics and Weightlifters.

So hopefully I am going to totally pimp this thread for listeners.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #2614
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

dang, lots of old time thread heads checking in. good to see nik back in the mix and matt making an appearance. d shaw posting and not providing more awesome mother**%^(^% C.T. Fletcher is a let down, but it is good to have some education and information brought to the table because lord knows i don't plan to provide any.

brad it actually crossed my mind as i was flying in that if i got any time off we could link up. i will actually probably be in san antonio tomorrow to just relax and watch a movie, get some good food, etc. if you are free let me know and i will be glad to buy you lunch or dinner. if not perhaps another time in the upcoming weeks.

in a nice turn of events i found a good gym to work out in Kennedy, TX, which is only about 20 minutes away from me, so i joined up for a month and plan to workout there 3 or 4 times a week. got in a good one today. heavy squats, some klokov presses, some heavy BTN presses, and lots of dips and pullups. it is my kind of place with lots of iron, more squat racks than machines, dusty, dirty, stinky, hot, and generally awesome. i think your test goes up 50% and you add 20lbs to all your lifts just by walking in.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #2615
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Busy day here I missed guys. I got to the gym, was dead tired and worked on some video. Tomorrow I sit down with one of the co owners to talk about my office hours and maybe coaching. No way I want to be at the gym at 7@m MWF but I may also be the guy who can subclasses when need be.

We are also gonna run a trial podcast. Fitness but not just fitness. We have a pleuthora of crossfitters around Sac, SuperTraining next door, MMA, Martial arts, Yoga and Gymnsstics and Weightlifters.

So hopefully I am going to totally pimp this thread for listeners.
sounds like alot of stuff going on, but very exciting. hope you have much success and also have tons of fun. but, what's wrong with being at the gym at 7am?

Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 PM   #2616
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Andrew, is that paused squats for the duration of the song?

Dustin, home gym can be very awesome. Especially if you have a wife and kids. My buddy wants to work out but 2 younguns, a third on the way and an overwhelmed wife make it hard. He likes the idea of some personal time away but either sacrifice sleep to do it in the morn, give up wife time after putting kids to bed hasnt worked, etc. Thing is they both probably get run easy because they are out of shape and the girls exhaust them.

Hard to just disappear for 90 minutes to get something in.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #2617
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
By the way, everything on this list is 17,635% true.

http://yestotexas.com/14-things-all-...at-least-once/ wfs
for the most part totally true indeed. i have never said "hold me beer" but most of the others fit nice. i remember when i first moved away from TX to WA and i would ask "what kind of coke do you have" and people looked at me like i had a horn growing out of my head. the words "soda" and "pop" still sound strange to me. and why would anyone carry anything other than coke products anyway? pepsi is nasty. coke, dr pepper, and ice tea should be the only things on any menu.

the "fixin' to" is certainly true. interesting story about the origins of the phrase which makes it make more sense. if you know anything about old time life, country life, farm life, etc, then you will understand that often times you have to do one thing in order to be able to do the thing you want to do. pat mcmanus has a funny story which explains this well called "sequences". if you want a good laugh then read it. (you can read it here http://books.google.com/books?id=Y9h...page&q&f=false WFS, by clicking on the "view sample" ) as to the "fixin' to" it became a phrase because people would often have to fix something before they could use it to do the task that needed done. as an example, let's say a farmer needed to plow the field. he went to hook the horse up to the plow but discovered the harness was broke and the plow blade needed repair. so when someone would ask him if he had plowed the field or what he was doing, he would say "i am fixing the harness to plow the field". i.e., i am fixin this to do that. over time it was shortened to "fixin to" anytime someone wanted to convey that they were in the process of getting the things done necessary to get something done. most tasks have more than one step and being in the process became known as "fixin to". these days it usually just means you are going to start something soon and haven't gotten started yet because other things keep getting in the way. or it can just mean you are about to do something. anyway, i think the origin is interesting and also makes the phrase seem less silly and make more sense.

speaking of which, i am fixin to get off of here and go eat some pork chops

Old 09-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #2618
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Andrew, is that paused squats for the duration of the song?

Dustin, home gym can be very awesome. Especially if you have a wife and kids. My buddy wants to work out but 2 younguns, a third on the way and an overwhelmed wife make it hard. He likes the idea of some personal time away but either sacrifice sleep to do it in the morn, give up wife time after putting kids to bed hasnt worked, etc. Thing is they both probably get run easy because they are out of shape and the girls exhaust them.

Hard to just disappear for 90 minutes to get something in.
for sure. home gym way to go. plus, by working out at home the kids and wife can see and be part of motivation and family culture. easy to get them involved.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #2619
Cody Lichtenwalner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
So yeah, we did a finisher tonight after weightlifting class. Get Sally up. Fml.

http://youtu.be/5Km0f5ZRscc (wfs)

The video is not our class.
I wanna try that as a warm-up. Is it that bad?

Old 09-26-2013, 05:14 AM   #2620
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Cody, how old is your spawn? Sounds like a good rum.

7am means being there by 630 right if not earlier. That means waking up by 6 if not earlier. Yes, Im already awake but I wake up then go back to sleep in the mornings. Being up that early means a midday nap is a necessity especially if I dont crash before 10.