CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-16-2017, 10:00 AM   #1331
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:
Re: 2014 45-49 Fittest on the Planet goal

Last post was Tuesday.

Wed- stretching, foot repair, mental break.. 5:30 teach my burning stored body fat class at the gym. Had 5 people show up.

Introduced some new foot stretching. Was crazy to feel the tear on the PF Saturday. Never felt something like that prior.

Need to stretch my seriously tight shoulders also. Some of the rubber bands holding me together are old and crunchy.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 AM   #1332
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Thursday- had to patch my roof for the rains that are coming.

Don't like doing projects around the house much. Must learn to like them.

No gym. Going in tonight for some rowing and some cleans working on the scooping and touch and go with them.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #1333
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Vic,

Couple things.

1. Good luck this year in the Open,stay grounded and healthy and enjoy the ride.
2. What was it that you did to your back. Have been having low back issues for moths and I/we believe it is inadequate activation of glutes and some mobility restrictions in my hips and quads that led to a bunch of stuff.

It seems that this has become quite common amongst more competitive Crossfit people and I would think it is a couple things.

1. Not a lot of posterior stuff - the sport is very quad dominant (especially if you are already prone to that)
2. The amount of repititions/volume it takes to be even pretty good no matter what divisions you compete in.

I know for me it was those things plus a lack in general of warm up time etc that has gotten me in trouble. Taking a step back and building things back up again though and so far, so good.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:50 PM   #1334
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Jason,
I found out that I had a weak posterior.

My coach and I attacked it this off season.

Stronger abs, hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings..

More mobility. Strengthen and lengthen I call it.

Now the back is better and as strong as ever my new stuff is the shoulders and my planters F on the foot.

Time to bullet proof them.

Im excited to see how this fairs for me. Now the diet and amount of time cross fitting has gone down. I am hoping for a decent finish in the open and another month to sort the MQ stuff.

Thank you and good luck in the open also!
Vic

Last edited by Victor J McQuaide : 02-20-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #1335
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Friday-
Long warm up- hip circle, bird feeders, bands, 2 of the 4 b's.

Dead lift- 135,225,275,325,365,395,425 was super easy off the floor. Attempt at 450# got it off the floor but straightened my legs out too fast. Was happy with the attempt almost got it.

Some power clean practice- the bar was actually making noise where the bearings were getting weightless. Was really good till 225.. but that was fine.

A bunch of reps at 155 going t and g for sets of 5 easy ones.

Some strict c2b was not my day.. 1,2,3,4,5,6…

GHD rows- all 10 reps- 45,65,75,85,95.

Some rowing then tending to trash and laundry details.

Overall good day best DL Session in a 2.5 years, Power clean was going its best ever working on the scoop.

Foot was ok, shoulder was really sore the next day.

Saturday AM- Group warm up with class.
Teams of 3
20 min amrap-
Partner A rows 300 meters
Partner B holds plank
Partner C
20 alt lunges in place
10 squat jumps
10 push press 50# dumb bells
We got 15 rounds-
Mostly 1:40 or under pace for my rounds of rowing

Planks were for clearing and calming my breathing.

Overall good workout.

Did some accessory work after the workout, Rom wod, shoulder stretching and other things getting old I forgot.

Sunday was 90 min worth of stretching and caring for my shoulder and foot.

Monday-woke up many times that night with shoulder aches and pains.. decided to listen to my body and do some work and mostly care for it. Was 90 min worth of warm up, shoulder and foot repair, hip circle, glute ham raises, rowing, mu push pull drill, couch stretch. Cleans up to reps for 155#.

More shoulder work thru out the day. Paid off the shoulder did not wake me.

Tuesday now.. 2 days until they announce the workout and 3 days prior to doing the workout. Need to get in a good stable mind set ready for what ever hits me.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #1336
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Tuesday AM- met with Lisa for shoulder and foot work. They are getting a little better. Trap is pulling on the shoulder big time.

Did some 1 min rowing with my pops with some stretching in between.

Watched coach Corey do a 5:38 Jackie.. thought to myself I gotta beat this time.. he did a 3:24 row..

Long warm up with stretching, foot and shoulder work, warm up thrusters, rowing and pull ups..

Last Jackie was 5:52 PR.. went against Dani Sidell and pushed it. The row was an average of 1:48 pace.

Enter today!! 3..2…1.. go.. out good 1:45 pace around that for 350 meters then dropped to 1:48 pace till 750 meters then 1:50 ish.. 3:38 or so.. good row. Concentrated on breathing deeply. Setting on 5 and 24-27 strokes per min faster than usual.

Stormed over to the bar (30+' away) then did my thrusters. Concentrated on pulling the bar down and popping it up.. go as fast as I can.. press snooze on the alarm bells.. don't think about the 50 you have to do.. just focus on the count.. had a good set of 50. 5:08 ish..

Then off to the pull up bar 10' away… took 13 reps to find my good fast stride.. once locked in only one time did I fantasize about dropping from the bar and getting some rest.. drove it home un broken..

5:42.. pr by 12 seconds.. it hurt for a few min but next time will have to row faster to get that sub 5:38 to beat Corey… hehe..

Stretch and warm up bar muscle ups.. have not done much of them. Breaking in my new JAW hand protectors.. 1 rep, 3 reps, 4 reps.. no chicken wings.. all good.

Chill nite, groceries, laundry and sleep.

This was a good motor mental state workout for me. Puts me in a good position to go harder than prior and hang on to a fast workout.

Have many strength pr's over the last few months.
BS, FS, Thruster, PP, s Clean..
All of the girls are faster besides Helen (slower track now).
Pr'ed, finished most of the hero workouts.
GHD, burpees, MU, T2b are all way better.

I can say that I will be ready for the announcement tomorrow. Will have to meditate and pray to be happy for the 17.1- 17.5 reveal no matter what Castro says.

If its a repeat then good will give me a chance to beat or smash my previous time.

If it's a Goat then gives me a chance to turn it into a good workout.

If its a wheel house then just go for it and enjoy the ride.

Wishing everyone a good open season!

Cheers
Vic
Old 02-23-2017, 11:28 AM   #1337
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Wed- easy warm up, hip circle, shoulder mobility and mashing, bird feeders, glute ham raises.. felt best ever.
T2B
Wall balls
Worked with empty barbell on snatch and clean
Just to check in.

Will be fully rested come Friday 5PM.

Had to teach my Fat burn class and my dads 74th Birthday was after.

Good luck everyone in the open!
Vic
Old 02-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #1338
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Went dark.. because of many variables I have bowed out of the open this year. First and for most because of my foot and shoulder. The need to be at the top of the heap and my mental state/physical state was not up to snuff.

Friday the first run thru.. had a longer nap and was asleep. Was not in any mode to fight very hard.

First round 1:40
Second round ended in around 4:00
30's round around 7 min..

Had a time line of under 13 min. Fast on the snatches and get thru the burpees.

Enter round 4..
40 un broken.. then the burpees took a long time.. finished that round 11 min.. should have thought plenty of time to finish this workout in under 15 min..
10 snatches and the body and mind said no.. small break.. 8 more.. the mind says no.. shut down the workout thinking its a bad day.

My mind was just not in the right place. I am a great db snatcher.. do the 100's no worries. Beat my boys with the 70's all of the time.. this is my jam right..
No not today. Something snapped and I did not ever get it back this weekend.

For some reason thinking that everyone was going to get in the 12's I quit. Then looking at the leader board at the end 15 min is fine.

Body was super sore and foot was not great. Did not tear anymore but risky.

Enter #2 Coach said for me to go 80% because she my 80% was good. Found myself on the same splits and back gave out in the 40's.. my mind and heart was just not into this.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:34 AM   #1339
Scott Jenkins

Profile:

Hope your backs not too bad today Vic. Your write up sounds exactly like what happened to me on Sunday, my mind was fighting to stop telling me I was slow and I dropped the DB accidentally and stormed off. Got lucky with the internet crashing giving me a chance to go again.
Fran 3:19. Diane 2:49. Elizabeth 5:48. Cindy 26+21. Helen 7:50. JT 7:03. Grace 1.56
www.crossfitblackwater.com
Old 03-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #1340
Victor J McQuaide

Profile:

Scott,
Yes the competitive bug has taken a back seat to life and living a little bit.

Tired of limping around for 4 months and tearing my foot off.

I have to bullet proof my shoulders so that I don't wake up 3-5 times a nite in pain.

Just a good spot to stop, rest and reevaluate.

You will get a good workout tonight.

Cheers
Vic