CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-30-2011, 03:42 AM   #31
David Baxter

Profile:
Re: Has anyone lost a significant amount of weight?

congrats !!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #32
Bethany L Graham

Profile:

I started Crossfit in May 2010 and was what I thought was 100 pounds overweight. After bodyfat testing, it was more like 90 pounds overweight. I have eaten semi-Paleo this whole time and have lost 45 pounds of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle. When I say semi, I mean about 75% of the time-allowing myself freedom when I ate out or when on vacations.

I am very happy with my progress because this is my lifestyle now - it is not a diet for me. I still have 45 more pounds to go, but have no question that I will go the whole way. From the beginning, I said it would probably take 2 years to do it right and really establish this as my lifestyle and I am on that trajectory.

I am now starting to eat Paleo closer to 90% of the time. I feel better when I eat Paleo and have finally been able to make the mental shift over.

The most important thing I would say to anyone starting with a huge amount of weight to lose is this - do not approach Crossfit as a quick fix diet and exercise program. This is a life change and it requires a change of mind. It takes time. Give yourself grace. If you go off the reservation or skip a workout, so what? Get up, dust yourself off and keep going. If you can, figure out why you made the decision you did and make a different one next time.

Crossfit and Paleo are the best decisions I ever made for my life and now I have tons of friends trying it because they love what they have seen in my life - results...but more than that...passion and joy. You can do this. Remember fueling your body is 80% of this battle. Treat it well by what you put in it...it will also blow you away at how much of a difference it makes at Crossfit!

Yes, my strength has increased, my endurance has increased, my joy for life is back. Do it. You won't regret it.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #33
David Baxter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany L Graham View Post
I started Crossfit in May 2010 and was what I thought was 100 pounds overweight. After bodyfat testing, it was more like 90 pounds overweight. I have eaten semi-Paleo this whole time and have lost 45 pounds of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle. When I say semi, I mean about 75% of the time-allowing myself freedom when I ate out or when on vacations.

I am very happy with my progress because this is my lifestyle now - it is not a diet for me. I still have 45 more pounds to go, but have no question that I will go the whole way. From the beginning, I said it would probably take 2 years to do it right and really establish this as my lifestyle and I am on that trajectory.

I am now starting to eat Paleo closer to 90% of the time. I feel better when I eat Paleo and have finally been able to make the mental shift over.

The most important thing I would say to anyone starting with a huge amount of weight to lose is this - do not approach Crossfit as a quick fix diet and exercise program. This is a life change and it requires a change of mind. It takes time. Give yourself grace. If you go off the reservation or skip a workout, so what? Get up, dust yourself off and keep going. If you can, figure out why you made the decision you did and make a different one next time.

Crossfit and Paleo are the best decisions I ever made for my life and now I have tons of friends trying it because they love what they have seen in my life - results...but more than that...passion and joy. You can do this. Remember fueling your body is 80% of this battle. Treat it well by what you put in it...it will also blow you away at how much of a difference it makes at Crossfit!

Yes, my strength has increased, my endurance has increased, my joy for life is back. Do it. You won't regret it.
awesome bloody awesome
Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #34
Eric Robison

Profile:

I started CrossFit/Paleo just after Easter. I weighed in at my heaviest ever at 204lbs at 5-10 and 31yo. I was determined to change and I am currently at 180 (-24lbs). I feel better than I have in a long time. I wish that I had taken a before picture. I plan on getting a body fat comp done soon in a BodPod. My goal by the end of the month is to be down to 18% body fat.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #35
David Baxter

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Robison View Post
I started CrossFit/Paleo just after Easter. I weighed in at my heaviest ever at 204lbs at 5-10 and 31yo. I was determined to change and I am currently at 180 (-24lbs). I feel better than I have in a long time. I wish that I had taken a before picture. I plan on getting a body fat comp done soon in a BodPod. My goal by the end of the month is to be down to 18% body fat.

Hey Eric !! another Sandgroper !!!
Old 08-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #36
Bethany France

Profile:

I have lost 60 pounds in about 5 months - my goal is to lose a total of 100 by January 2012. To see photos and read about all of my ups and downs...check out my blog at:

www.fatmomtohealthymom.blogspot.com

Crossfit is the best thing that ever happened to me...seriously!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:54 PM   #37
Jonathan Groves

Profile:

http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=69494 wfs
Old 08-13-2011, 08:25 PM   #38
Dave Traeger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Baxter View Post
Hey Eric !! another Sandgroper !!!
No, that's WA as in Washington, not Western Australia
Old 08-14-2011, 06:20 AM   #39
Shelly Griswold

Profile:

Wow! I'm so glad to have found this thread. At this point, I only have a "before" picture. I am 46 years old and have been working with a CF trainer for 7 weeks now. I started at 39.2% BF and 286#. My first day I could barely make it through a super-scaled-back WOD (What's more scaled than "puppy"? That's what it was.)

Seven weeks later, I've already seen some nice gains, especially in my endurance. I work on the 3rd floor and was winded by the time I reached the top - now I jog up the stairs every morning. I used to be athletic (long, long ago) and have read that if you have ever been in shape, your body has a memory of that and can get that back. Maybe that's true, because I am stunned by how much more in shape I am after only 7 weeks.

More importantly, I see MENTAL gains. When I started, I was scared to death that if I exerted myself too much, I was going to keel over with a heart attack. I'm so over that now. And I was so self-conscious about how I looked in the gym with all the fit and trim people. Over that, too. I go there, bust my butt like everyone else, and have nothing to be ashamed about, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the inspirational before and after pics! I can't wait to post my own very soon!
Old 08-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #40
Steve Gillanders

Profile:

Awesome thread!

You guys are all really inspiring