CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 03-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #51
Jon Campbell

Profile:
Re: 2018 CrossFit Open, Regionals and Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Burden View Post
Seems that quite a few people registered their score incorretly making the leaderboard look a bit funny.

What i don't understand is that if you are affiliated the owner shouldn't they double check that the score and time is correct before validating. I find it hard to beleive that 61 people actually finished this abd beat the likes of Matt, Rich and others.

I wonder if CFHQ will remove the scores or not?

While i am on a roll and the iron is hot
I also hope they fix the leaderboard so that anyone that does not register a score for 1 week ends up below everyone that has completed all 5 weeks.
This would be in line with the Rx vs Scaled... 1 rep Rx is worth more than 500 scaled reps so i feel the principle should be the same... maybe add DNS (did not start) to the score so that they can code all DNS results to the bottom of the pack.

I think its only fair... 4 out of 5 is not completing The open! 5 out of 5 scaled weeks is worth more than 4 Rx out of 5 weeks and 1 DNS
If you aren't going to regional does it really matter that much?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:36 AM   #52
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Campbell View Post
If you aren't going to regional does it really matter that much?
If it didnít matter then why bother with the open?
Old 03-13-2018, 08:54 AM   #53
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
If it didnít matter then why bother with the open?
I guess what would it change if they did what you are asking? For someone that didn't finish a workout to be ranked ahead of you, you would have to be pretty far down the rankings. Is being in 90,000th place over 95,000th place really change anything? I mean you still get a good idea of where you stand against the world.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #54
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
I guess what would it change if they did what you are asking? For someone that didn't finish a workout to be ranked ahead of you, you would have to be pretty far down the rankings. Is being in 90,000th place over 95,000th place really change anything? I mean you still get a good idea of where you stand against the world.
Sorry to say a good idea of your fitness compared to actually knowing compared to everyone else is a big difference. In the masters the numbers add up and should be correct.

Comparing my fitness over many years is and should be based on fact and not fiction. CFHQ need to fix the errors to show that the leaderboard is a true and comparable.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #55
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Sorry to say a good idea of your fitness compared to actually knowing compared to everyone else is a big difference. In the masters the numbers add up and should be correct.

Comparing my fitness over many years is and should be based on fact and not fiction. CFHQ need to fix the errors to show that the leaderboard is a true and comparable.
If accurate picture is what you are truly looking for then I'd argue it does show it. If someone is so much fitter than you that they can miss a workout and still be ranked ahead of you gives a more accurate picture than just moving them down because they missed a workout. If Matt Fraser missed 18.3 does that make you fitter than him?
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #56
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

I guess with over 400k scores they make mistakes. But the owner also has to validate the score. Its simple they put RX instead of scale. Checked the wrong box.
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 03-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #57
Alex Burden

Profile:

Quote:
If accurate picture is what you are truly looking for then I'd argue it does show it. If someone is so much fitter than you that they can miss a workout and still be ranked ahead of you gives a more accurate picture than just moving them down because they missed a workout. If Matt Fraser missed 18.3 does that make you fitter than him?
In that case it would be a DNS... did not complete the open
Old 03-14-2018, 01:00 AM   #58
Alex Burden

Profile:

Someone at CFHQ has paid attention to the comments because the bad scores are gone from the top of the leaderboard.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:16 AM   #59
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:

Quote:
Someone at CFHQ has paid attention to the comments because the bad scores are gone from the top of the leaderboard.
No, they didn't. They are capable of seeing anomalies on the leaderboard without having to check here for what might be amiss.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #60
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post

No, they didn't. They are capable of seeing anomalies on the leaderboard without having to check here for what might be amiss.
Yep. Seems like this happens every year with at least one workout. With 300,000+ people entering scores, it's a certainty that some won't be able to follow directions. You just have to be patient.