CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-02-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
Chris

Profile:  
I was 5 months away from my SWAT fitness test when I found Crossfit, I had followed a pretty standard bodybuilding cardio program. I thought this would be ideal for my needs. Followed the WOD for the months leading up to the test (very hard workouts. The result I struggled on the test like never before!! Due to this I spoke to Chad Waterbury and followed his advice for 3 months (more cardio and functional weight training) and re-took the test which was no problem. Has anyone else had this problem or am I missing something. Do I have to add further training to the WOD?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Chris-

This is a very subjective thing. for some people the WOD may be virtually everything they need for PT tests. this may not be the case for everyone. It is always a good idea to have a baseline of your performance in as close a manor as you will be tested. With this information you can dial your training in a bit more specificly.
Robb
Old 09-03-2004, 05:07 AM   #3
Michael Pearce

Profile:
Also I would add to Roberts post,

When did you stop doing the WOD or did you stop doing the WOD before the test? Because if you were doing it up to the day and haven't yet developed enough or rested enough from the WOD than you would definatly be hurting on your test.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:42 AM   #4
Brian Hand

Profile:

Chris, could you tell us more about the test?
Old 09-03-2004, 02:50 PM   #5
Chris

Profile:  
The test was as follows in full kit and weapons, 20 metre shuttle runs with gradually decreasing time to complete each shuttle.Followed by 3 40 minute sprints from prone position and then step ups for 6 minutes wearing respirator and then a 6 min ballistic shield carry over 1ft high hurdles. Not a long test. Had been doing Crossfit upto the test. I found it easier the second time as I used alot more running of various kinds.