CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:
Re: Anatabloc

Also, it doesn't help your case that the guy who started this thread was banned for advertising.

I don't think there is a way to do that unless you ask one of the moderators in the the technical help forum.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #22
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Mike, don't sweat it.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #23
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Yeah man just take part of some conversations, contribute what you can, and learn a little bit. No need to feel like your not welcome.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
Richard Deyan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lawson View Post
Tough crowd. I guess there won't be any "thanks Mike for the effort it took to get that together for us and welcome".

Richard Deyan, I wonder what your response would have been if I had cherry picked studies as you suggest might have been a wiser choice and then you found out about it. I wouldn't do that.

Anyway, your PHD studies must have overlooked that if you want to compare mice to humans for this supplement for dosage purposes, you would use an FDA approved method such as you could find here: http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98f...l0001-vol1.pdfYOU MUST ANNOTATE ALL LINKS WHETHER WORK AND FAMILY SAFE.

I shared some facts, opinion and personal experience. I wasn't snarky. My nephew is a Cross Fit trainer (and a search and rescue volunteer.). He said, "health and well being are more important than the money.....and there are many roads to get there."
Strong response for a guy who doesn't work or represent the company in any way. Never seen someone so passionate about a product they don't have any vested interest in.

My comment on the study about the dosage in mice wasn't about safety, it was about efficacy. If the study used such a large amount of Anatabine per kg, and Anatabloc contains nowhere near that much to extrapolate the size of a human, what good is that study?

Either way, $100 a month? Maybe if it was $25 a month. Proper diet, maybe some EPA/DHA supplementation, and something cheap such as an MSM, Chondroitin, Glucosamine combo would take care of the issue. Never mind an advanced product like Cissus Quadrangularis or Joint Force by E-Pharm for 1/4 the price of Anatabloc.

I think this is the wrong forum to try and sell "anti-inflammation" supplements to the crowd that's all about getting as much as possible through natural food.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #25
Mike Lawson

Profile:

On my way out the door I gotta say your welcoming committee is tough, so caution, other potential newcomers could also just say “screw it” and go elsewhere for open minded dialog.

The prevalence of Anatabloc in the gym bags of top CrossFit Gamers and other top athletes desiring to maintain their edge coincides with the results of testing from HFL Sport Science, one of the leading organizations in doping control and research. HFL Sport Science batch tested Anatabloc for the presence of a wide range of more than 147 prohibited substances using HFL’s ISO17025 accredited nutritional supplement screens. The testing found Anatabloc to contain no banned substances. With that in mind, countless NHL and NFL players are encourage with the Roskamp Institute research showing good news on the TBI (traumatic brain injury) front.

BTW, one of you mentioned the poor schlub, Bill Goldsmith, screwed, blued, and tattooed - hung out to dry as a dangerous advertiser. !!banned!! It wasn’t very hard to find this.

Bill Goldsmith “I was very disappointed by their decision. I did not see it as an advertisement. I just wanted to share my experience with the product and to provide the scientific data that supports why it works so that other people could do their own due diligence and determine if it might benefit them. Having done Crossfit for a number of years, I know that my workout recovery has improved as a result of Anatabloc. Plus, there may be people doing Crossfit who are diabetics or have thyroid disease and we know that Anatabloc can help those people not to mention the potential benefits for everyone else.”

Based on my short experience here, I’m willing to give Bill the benefit of the doubt, take him for his word. Am I an advertiser? NO. Has Anatabloc helped me? F’nA! Adios.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

So I think your issue with our welcome has a lot to do with you not recognizing your surroundings here. You would have noticed our approach as a forum to Anata-whatever and took it into consideration. For you not having any vested interest in it you go to a lot of effort to sell the benefits. You talk like we are the ones who should be open minded and give something very expensive a try, you point to a banned advertiser and we should take his word that he was all , "Golly Gee I was just trying to help...". If you were off the hook before because you were going to drop it and carry on, you are now highly suspicious of peddling because you came back and tried selling us on it again. Do what you want but at this point, if it wasn't that big of a deal to you I am not sure why you came back to discredit notion.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
On my way out the door I gotta say your welcoming committee is tough, so caution, other potential newcomers could also just say “screw it” and go elsewhere for open minded dialog.
actually, history would prove otherwise. people here are very welcoming of all types. gender, race, age, fitness level, goals, etc of all types have been welcomed, helped, encouraged, motivated, and accepted. the difference is that most people start with something like "hi, my name is mike. i have been working out for this long. i am this age, weight, height. my fitness level is thus and such. my goal is to do this and that. i am hoping to learn, participate, and share. i am glad to be here" i don't think if a newcomer walks into any group anywhere and starts trying to tell them what they should do or sell them something that they would be welcomed very well. but if you are so thin skinned that some debate is going to cause you to leave them perhaps the internet is not a good place for you.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:

The prevalence of Anatabloc in the gym bags of top CrossFit Gamers and other top athletes desiring to maintain their edge coincides with the results of testing from HFL Sport Science, one of the leading organizations in doping control and research. HFL Sport Science batch tested Anatabloc for the presence of a wide range of more than 147 prohibited substances using HFL’s ISO17025 accredited nutritional supplement screens. The testing found Anatabloc to contain no banned substances. With that in mind, countless NHL and NFL players are encourage with the Roskamp Institute research showing good news on the TBI (traumatic brain injury) front.

BTW, one of you mentioned the poor schlub, Bill Goldsmith, screwed, blued, and tattooed - hung out to dry as a dangerous advertiser. !!banned!! It wasn’t very hard to find this.

Bill Goldsmith “I was very disappointed by their decision. I did not see it as an advertisement. I just wanted to share my experience with the product and to provide the scientific data that supports why it works so that other people could do their own due diligence and determine if it might benefit them. Having done Crossfit for a number of years, I know that my workout recovery has improved as a result of Anatabloc. Plus, there may be people doing Crossfit who are diabetics or have thyroid disease and we know that Anatabloc can help those people not to mention the potential benefits for everyone else.”

Based on my short experience here, I’m willing to give Bill the benefit of the doubt, take him for his word. Am I an advertiser? NO. Has Anatabloc helped me? F’nA! Adios.
Copy Paste from their website much? You're a totally objective dude just gatherin facts....

"Isner’s decision to become an Anatabloc® brand ambassador coincides with the Company’s results of testing from HFL Sport Science, one of the leading organizations in doping control and research. HFL Sport Science batch tested Anatabloc® for the presence of a wide range of more than 147 prohibited substances using HFL’s ISO17025 accredited nutritional supplement screens. The testing found Anatabloc® to contain no banned substances."

http://anatabloc.com/2013/01/star-sc...for-anatabloc/ WFS

Oh and studies 1,3 and 4 were all affiliated with the RosKamp institute which............wait for it.............is headed by Dr Michael Mullan, who is....you guessed it....part of the antabloc "research team"! Shocked.

Last edited by Dustin Wintczak : 02-15-2013 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Piling on

Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #29
Mike Lawson

Profile:

I’ll take my final stab at it. I was reading a thread on this forum and I saw a question about science and with my experience I thought I could help with an answer to that question. I had no idea about the size of the bus I was throwing myself under.

Now, let me say I have the utmost respect for what I know about CrossFit, so don’t misunderstand the following, it is my attempt to maybe let you share the shoes I find myself in. It may not work but here goes.

Are you passionate about CrossFit? It can’t have done you any good! It’s too expensive. You should do yoga, it’s so much cheaper. Ah….Soooo, You must have a financial interest in CrossFit. Huh?, Huh? That’s the only explanation for your passion. You say lots of people are benefiting from better health as a result of CrossFit?? They are, no doubt advertisers. My welcome?? You got a problem with my welcome?? Dude you don’t even fit into the Internet.

Old 02-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #30
Sara Ochsner

Profile:

I have a background in diesel mechanics so.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	11619