CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 04-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #41
Frank Tardi

Profile:
Re: Angie

go Running with Angie to have a sick workout!!! mile between every set =)
Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #42
Christopher Bowman

Profile:

I hear you man, sometimes I've asked a question before and I've gotten the same type of answer; it's like excuse me for breathing. (hope I didn't just throw gas on the fire)
anyway, a good sub I've used is put the bar of the smith machine low to the ground and lay on your back sort of like and do pus that way. over hand, under hand whatever, your using your feet as a pivot point, and it's a good way to start, try to put the bar just high enough so in a relaxed position your not touching the ground, and I didn't pull that one out of left field I learned that from a personal trainer
Old 04-25-2008, 07:17 PM   #43
Ryan Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Bowman View Post
I hear you man, sometimes I've asked a question before and I've gotten the same type of answer; it's like excuse me for breathing. (hope I didn't just throw gas on the fire)
anyway, a good sub I've used is put the bar of the smith machine low to the ground and lay on your back sort of like and do pus that way. over hand, under hand whatever, your using your feet as a pivot point, and it's a good way to start, try to put the bar just high enough so in a relaxed position your not touching the ground, and I didn't pull that one out of left field I learned that from a personal trainer

Supine rows, inverted rows, or bodyweight rows, they're called. Really great bodyweight exercise. I actually subbed my last 40 reps on Angie with supine rows.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #44
Dave Laemers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Bowman View Post
These are called "body rows" I believe and are a great sub as you still have to focus on keeping the core stabilized. You can use a pair of rings instead of the smith machine if you have them.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #45
Ryan McKenzie

Profile:

thanks guys! yeah im gonna give those a try next time pull ups are required (especially with such a high number of reps).

This time I got through about 25 negatives, and then did did jumping pull-ups through about fifty, but the bar on the smith machine simply isn't tall enough, so i felt like i wasnt getting much out of those. I finished with lat pull downs.

I will definitely do supine rows as I work my way up to pull-ups.

Thanks for the feedback!