CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 02-24-2017, 12:23 PM   #51
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: 2017 CrossFit Open, Regionals and Games Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lomen View Post
Question about movement standards, specifically for Scaled. For box step overs...do both feet have to touch on top? Seems like no, if they're technically allowed to jump completely over, but step ups in the judges course said both feet touch, but this is a step over not a step up...so I'm just going around in circles.

Hate the ambiguity of this sometimes. Don't want to make my athletes do anything that isn't required, but also don't want to give them an unfair advantage if I'm wrong. Has anyone seen an official response from CFHQ on this one?
This is the standard
There is no requirement to stand tall while on top of the box. A two-foot takeo is always required, and only the athlete’s feet may touch the box. The athlete may jump on top of the box using a two-foot landing and then jump or step o to the other side, or the athlete may jump completely over the box. If jumping over the box, the feet must go over the box, not around it, and the athlete must use a two-foot landing.

Scaled
There is no requirement to stand tall while on top of the box. Only the athlete’s feet may touch the box. The athlete may step up or jump on top of the box and then jump or step down on the other side, or the athlete may jump completely over the box. If jumping over the box, the feet must go over the box, not around it.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:33 PM   #52
Michael E Tancini

Profile:

Hey guys, Just wanted to share with you a movement prep video I put together for 17.1. Its focused at helping you feel your best when you take on 17.1!

I'm not trying to solicit anything, just trying to help everyone out!

Link is Work and Family Safe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDkUmh_bUBE&t=505s

Have fun crushing this one!
Old 02-24-2017, 02:24 PM   #53
Greg Morrison

Profile:

What happened to Vellner's score? He's down to 16th on the leaderboard and Fikowski is 6th.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #54
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Morrison View Post
What happened to Vellner's score? He's down to 16th on the leaderboard and Fikowski is 6th.
Not sure. Vellner finished at 11:52 but his submitted time is 12:57.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #55
Will Thorsen

Profile:

ugh, that was unpleasant. i got 11 snatches into the 50 and then got capped. i did manage to bang both shins, so there's that. one and done for sure on this one. good luck everyone!
Old 02-25-2017, 01:48 PM   #56
Diana Alt

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Campbell View Post
Not sure. Vellner finished at 11:52 but his submitted time is 12:57.
Vellner was assessed a major penalty after video review due to touching his body with his empty hand multiple times on the snatches.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:46 PM   #57
Jon Campbell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Alt View Post
Vellner was assessed a major penalty after video review due to touching his body with his empty hand multiple times on the snatches.
Just watched some of it and he definitely did in the round of 20. Used his left arm on his knee/thigh as he picked up the dumbbell. May have done it more but quit watching.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:52 PM   #58
Jeff Railsback

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Alt View Post
Is there language in the current ruleboook that allows for major or minor penalties to be applied on non video submissions at this stage of the open?
Old 02-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #59
Steven Thunander

Profile:

So, I do have a question... I judged someone but I did so at another affiliate. How are their scores validated?
Old 02-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #60
Will Thorsen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Thunander View Post
So, I do have a question... I judged someone but I did so at another affiliate. How are their scores validated?
Whoever the box owner is at that affiliate should be the one the validates the score, but it wouldn't hurt to give that owner a heads up that you judged athlete so and so. That athlete will still need to submit their score online and have their affiliate owner do the validation like normal. Hope that helps!