CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
Jon Campbell

Profile:
Re: Rich or Matt?

I think based on the events this year Rich would have had a hard time beating Matt. Rich has never done well in the endurance events so you have to think he would have finished mid pack in event 1 and probably murph. He doesn't have great speed so he wouldn't hBe done well in the sprint event. Matt didn't really well in all of those. Now the question is how does Rich do in the others versus Matt.

I think Rich would have pulled it out and would have awesome to watch.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:52 AM   #12
Alex Burden

Profile:

This type of question came up within the bodybuilding world years ago, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lee Haney, who was the best but they were from different generations.

The comparisons were many and they found strong and weak points in both, but one this that came up time after time was that Arnold would have evaluated and progressed to change his body to meet the new goal to win.

This would be the same for Rich if he went individual this and last year... He would have changed his game and endurance would not have been an issue. Evolution is his trade mark.... Remember how bad he was at swimming and the next year he came in 8th....

I think this says it all.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Rich actually went out of his way to post something about this on his IG as I think he is even getting tired of it.

Basically he gives credit where credit is due, he definitely has a lot of respect for Fraser's performance this year and goes on to say that he has shifted his focus from simply winning the Games to being a husband and a dad.

People forget tat Rich was one of (if not the first person) to put everything on hold in his life to win the Games for 5 straight years.

Mat has been 2,2,1 in the past three years. If he continues on with the same fire AND can stay healthy I would thin he should be fine. As far as the strength stuff goes, he said the worst possible event for him was a 1RM DL, it came up, he did pretty poorly and moved on. I was extremely surprised at how well he did on the shorter running event. The fact he did well on the short run and the long run is crazy.