CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-19-2016, 12:40 AM   #261
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Its me and it's her (the wife)

Tuesday morning and feeling great again. I must say that i have been sleeping really well the past few months and this is making a difference. Wife woke up 45min before the alarm today... i stayed in bed until the alarm rang...

Only one plan today - C&J, T2B & back extensions.

Warm up 4 rounds
C2 rower 15 cal
Run 6 lengths of gym

stretch, mobility and start to work on C&J warm up for another 10min.

C&J
The plan was to see if we have progressed and see how far we can get. Power clean & jerk was also ok today. Focus was getting under the bar fast but really making a clear sound with our feet on the platform on the split jerk. No sound = no getting under fast and the feeling of weightlessness for the bar will not be there.

Wife
20 x 5
25 x 5
28 x 3
30 x 2
33 x 2
35 x 2
37 x 1
40kgs/88lbs x 1, new PR by 2kgs/4lbs

The weight flew up in the jerk but from the ground she was thinking too much. She was really pleased with the new PR and she should be.

Me
20 x 5
40 x 5
50 x 3
65 x 2
75 x 2
85 x 1
92kgs/202lbs x FF1, new PR by 2kgs/4lbs

All of my earlier lifts we 1 power clean and then 1 rep full squat clean. The first fail on 92 was me trying to power clean it, second fail was due to i don't know what.. third attempt got under the bar quick without the need to hitting the bottom, the jerk was the hard part but i did it.

T2B/K2C + back extensions sets of 8/10reps
8 sets of each movement for us was enough today.

Warm down
trash talking first and then 15min stretch.

a good day for both of us today
Old 04-20-2016, 12:03 AM   #262
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and really tired today. Day 3 in a row. Wife is not working out today as she wanted to get into work early today and get things done before tomorrow. Tomorrow we both go for a long weekend vacation to Amsterdamn, really need a break from everything so this should be fun.

Yesterday i had sort of an idea, i thought i would do a repeat of one of the open workouts, no idea what it was until just before, but this was down to the fact that i was tired today. So in the end i settled for 14.1 which turned out to be one that i have never done before!!! so no repeat, something new.

Warm up
15 cal on C2 rower
jog 6 lengths of gym
15 cal on C2 rower
15 wall balls 6kg
15 cal on C2 rower
3 rounds of:
jog 2 lengths of gym
5 wall balls 6kg

Continued to stretch and warm up with a barbell.

14.1 10min AMRAP
30 Du's
15 power snatches @ 34kgs/75lbs

Result 177 reps (3 rounds + 30 du's + 12 snatches)

The Du's went quite well and tripped max once on each round which is an improvement. I did all of the power snatches as singles, 1 because i was tired this morning and 2 my max snatch is 70kgs so to touch and go these would just beat me down. I wanted to keep a smooth flow, moving all of the time. I know i can do allot better and now i have a goal for this.

Rest 5 min
for 5 rounds for time
5 - S2O 34kgs/75lbs
5 - box jump step down 24"
2:43 no bad, i was hoping to keep 30seconds a round but dropprd off the final 2 rounds.

Rest 5 min
25 strict pull ups 5,5,5,3,2,2,2,1 tough one today.

Warm down

Stretch and mobility for 20min

and that was that for today, back Monday
Old 04-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #263
Alex Burden

Profile:

Well it has been great to have a few days off, lots of carbs and liquid carbs , Amsterdam is a really great city.

So its Monday morning and we are both fresh and ready to go. SO the plan for this week is Partner Workout.

Warm up
Light stretch and mobility to get the body and brain going and then we went strait into our workout, but taking the first two movements easier so as not to pull anything.

Partner Workout
Working on 2 movements at the same time, once done we chose 2 new movements and continued like that until we thought we had enough.

For 6 rounds warm up round
C2 row for 15/10 calories
Run 200m

For 6 rounds
Deadlift x 10 (40/60kg)
Two feet jump x 5 (min distance 4½ft/6ft)

For 6 rounds
S2O x 5 (20/40kg)
Barbell row x10 (20/40kg)

For 6 rounds
T2B x 10
Back extensions x 10

For 6 rounds
DU/SU x20/40
Burpees x 5

For 6 rounds
Pull ups x 5
C&J x 5 (30/61kgs)

Warm down

Sweat and more sweating, chatting and inbetween some stretching for 20min.

Felt good today, i thought we might have been a bit more tired than this but it went really well.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #264
Alex Burden

Profile:

A new day and a new challenge. Already planned today's workout . Wife was a little tired this morning but ready to go. Funny thing is that i am never grumpy, i get up and get it over with... everything inbetween is not an issue. I don't get wound up with small things.

Warm up
light stretch and light mobility for 10min, strait into the workout using the first two exercises we did as a warm up. What they were i am not going to tell

Partner workout - Complete together in any order, at the same time of after each other, rest when you want, anything goes.
Choose your own weights. Make it hard or easy, it was up to us.

50 Cal row
50 OHS 35/15kgs
50 KB swings 8/12/16/20kgs
50 Box jumps 24"/20"
50 snatches/hang snatches 35/10kgs
50 ring pulls
50 thrusters 35/15kgs
50 lengths of gym (1 lengths =20m)
50 wall balls 9/4kgs
50 T2B/K2C

Warm down
Stretch and mobility for 20min

and that was that for today.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:55 AM   #265
Alex Burden

Profile:

Usual rest day on Wednesday and back to Partner Workout with a twist , both in high spirits. I gave the wife of 3 different WOD's for today, she chose nr3 of them.... not telling you what the other 3 were

Warm up
Stretch and light mobility
C2 row while the other runs 6 lengths of gym with 5 double footed hops at the start of each lengths to hit the hams.

Partner Workout with a twist goes like this. Whoever finishes first the other gets to give the other sh%t for the remaining time it takes to get it done.

Chipper for time
10 lengths of gym run
15 T2B/K2C
20 KB swings 12/20kg
25 DU or 50 SU's
30 Deadlifts 40/80kgs
25 DU or 50 SU's
20 KB swings 12/20kg
15 T2B/K2C
10 lengths of gym run

Wife 9:03
Me 11:06

and took 2 min of crap from her too. I think her DL were light because she blew past me on them, i did singles.

Rest 5min - then 3 rounds for time
5 Deadlift 50/100kgs
25 DU or 50 SU's

Wife 2:02
Me 2:54

another min of crap from her, i went singles again, and she killed me on the DL... tripped a couple of times on the DU's and my lungs were on working hard.

Rest 3min - then 3 rounds for time
5 pull ups
25 DU or 50 SU's

Wife 2:21
Me 3:01

and i am fed up of taking all this Sh#t, she whipped my arse this time and my lungs were on fire because i kept on missing on the DU's. Thats the way it goes.... she beat me fair and square but i am going to start to count percentages on weights for some things because she is going to light...

Wife 3-0 today and i guess she is going to rub it in tonight too.

Warm down

stretching for 20min

and that was that for today.

Last edited by Alex Burden : 04-28-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:44 PM   #266
Alex Burden

Profile:

Friday morning and the last workout for the week , always a good sign. Still the same theme, partner workout either at the same time or alternating. Wife is in a good mood

Warm up
light stretch and mobility and then we went strait into our workout.

Partner workout both to complete
32 lengths of the gym (20meters) - jogging, sprinting and moving in different ways to get the body going and make sure everything is really awake.

32 sled runs x 20 meters - increasing weight after each double run, our legs were on fire after that. wife 45kgs me 65kgs

DB bench press 8x8reps - increase weight after each set, wife finshed off with 12kgs/26lbs and me with 28kgs/61lbs

Final for 4 rounds
16 cal row
8 pull ups

Warm down
stretch and mobility for 20min

This week has been a good week and we have pushed each other quite hard. We have to do at least 1 metcon a week i think and with summer coming it will be easier as we will be outside more too.

That's it, back Monday

Last edited by Alex Burden : 04-28-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #267
Alex Burden

Profile:

Monday Monday Monday only working 3 days this week so Monday feels great. Wife in a good mood. We are both ready to go. Planned today's WOD on Saterday.... called it Non Stop... working together.

Warm up
60 cal on the C2 rower
stretch and mobility
continued to warm up with the movements for non stop.

Non Stop
Working together we worked non stop to complete all of the reps, low weight. The idea is to keep each other updated on the rep count. We could do as many reps as we want at any time. Sometimes i was stronger and took more reps sometimes the wife took over.

100 S2O 25/10kgs
100 DL 50/25kgs
100 OHS 25/10kgs
400 DU/SU's
100 sit ups
100 Box Jumps
100 KB swings 16/8kg
100 WB 6/4kgs

Time: 34:20

This was a tough one and the final wallballs were killer. It was fun because we had to work together and transition smoothly to keep the flow.

Warm down
Allot of sweating, stretch and mobility

thats it... all done for today
Old 05-03-2016, 12:24 AM   #268
Alex Burden

Profile:

Tuesday morning and feeling sore, nothing to worry about as i have a plan for today. Focus today is he split jerk from the rack, techinque is priority and nothing else.

Warm up
70 cal on the C2 rower then we started to get ready for the split jerk, but before that we were going to do some bench press.

Today's plan
So, nice and simple bench press 8 sets of 8 reps. The idea is to get the feel of the weight.

Wife - took weight up to 35kgs
Me - 80kgs

Split jerk - sets of 2 reps
Speed under the bar is the focus and trying to get in low. Wife thinks way to much and did actually hit her chin with the bar once today .... oh and i did laugh... ****ed her right off.

Wife - 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35kgs x 4 sets
No big problem for the wife but she stands and thinks to much with the bar in the front rack position. So i told her to think before she gets under the bar and once the bar is in the front rack position..... get it done, you know what to do. 35kgs is not a problem for her as she has done 40kgs. Its all in her head. Once she changed her routine it was no problem. Gave allot fo feedback today but only minor adjustments.

Me - 35, 45, 55, 65, 75, 80kgs x 2 sets
Felt good from the start but it is difficult to get low under the bar with a low weight. I was trying to get the bar up in the air rather than get under it. So after fixing that i could really hear my feet hitting the platform and getting in under the bar. 80kgs is a bit harder and the first rep was ok, second rep i was not really under the bar, third rep, perfect but the forth and final rep i did not really get under the bar and my arms were bent.... pressed that ****er up.

So not a llot of work today but quality work.

Warm down
Stretch for 15 min

Done for today....
Old 05-03-2016, 05:01 AM   #269
Alex Burden

Profile:

Forgot one thing from today -

Wife - 6 sets of 6 ring pulls
Me - 6 sets of 3 strict ring dips
Old 05-03-2016, 11:56 PM   #270
Alex Burden

Profile:

Wednesday morning and sore and tired from the past 2 days, no idea what so ever what i was going to do today. Wife is not in the house so i did not need to worry about anything.

Warm up 5 rounds
15 cal row
100m run

stretch and mobility to get going.

No Plan today
First off i thought i would work on my rear delts, isolation movements, i would say i did 10-12 sets on those.

So for having no plan today i thought i would work bar muscle ups and muscle ups to see if i could still do them. I also had to take into account i was tired today.

So i worked on technique and the kip for the BMU and i did around 20 singles. First 5 were not that good but the remaining 15 were clean. The i tried to MU but could not do 1, i was just to tired. So rather than injure myself i worked a little with the rings and the grip then the kip and moved on.

So after that i came up with something:
No time cap
1 Pull up (go strict as long as possible)
run 2 lengths of gym (40m)

2 pull ups

3 pull ups

continue up to 10 pull ups.

1min rest
1000m row, must be under 4min

1min rest
10 burpees with 6" jump

I was wacked after this and my hands ripped in a couple of places but i was pleased. I got to 5 strict pull ups and then kipped it.

Warm down
a light stretch and nothing else for 10min

and that is that for this week. Taking a long weekend off and will be back Monday. Now it is not as if i am not going to workout or anything because we have about 4 tonnes of firewood to move and stack and some roof work, we can call it active rest

Last edited by Alex Burden : 05-04-2016 at 12:12 AM.