CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
John Paustian

Profile:
Question Fractured Metatarsal

6'1" 215 23 yrs old

Hello all,

I fractured the 4th metatarsal in my foot this past weekend- this is the second break in the same spot in the past 3 months. I've been injured before, but nothing that affected my lower body in this way. I'm an avid cyclist and trail runner in addition to being addicted to Crossfit. I'm in a boot and was told to avoid all weight-bearing activities until the ortho decides whether I need surgery or not. Any tips on exercises or Crossfit modifications I could do to stay in shape? I'm mainly worried about maintaining lower body strength and overall cardio health. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Sean Rockett

Profile:
Re: Fractured Metatarsal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Paustian View Post

6'1" 215 23 yrs old

Hello all,

I fractured the 4th metatarsal in my foot this past weekend- this is the second break in the same spot in the past 3 months. I've been injured before, but nothing that affected my lower body in this way. I'm an avid cyclist and trail runner in addition to being addicted to Crossfit. I'm in a boot and was told to avoid all weight-bearing activities until the ortho decides whether I need surgery or not. Any tips on exercises or Crossfit modifications I could do to stay in shape? I'm mainly worried about maintaining lower body strength and overall cardio health. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Box jumps just kidding.... I have some nonweight bearing ideas, but you need to clear these with your doctor first. Dips, strict pull-ups, have had some one legged rowers in boots, swim with float between legs no kicking, hollow rocks, weighted supermans, leg lifts with calf weights...Remember most important exercise is to heal that bone first, there is always time to catch up but not if you get surgery that you could have avoided. don't screw around with it.