CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Rachael Couper

Profile:
Pre-Workout

Hi,

I've been doing CrossFit 5 out of 6 days a week for say the past 2 months. Really enjoying it! I have been taking a serving of MuscleWerks D-Fine8 and have now run out. Not sure if it has the same effect as it used to when I first started taking it.

So now I'm looking at Cellucor C4 also and was wondering if any ladies take it and have any side effects at all or if they recommend it?

I'm 161cm (5'2"), 65kg (143lbs) and have 30.9% BF. Obviously looking to achieve what most girls want from CrossFit, lose some BF and increase muscle tone.

If anyone (esp. ladies) takes C4 or finds D-Fine8 to be the better option please let me know or if anyone has any suggestions on what PWO to take, I'd really appreciate it. I know not taking one is better for you but I really struggle to find the energy some days.

Would love to invest in some Progenex, but my finances just can't cover that right now unfortunately.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2014, 01:35 AM   #2
Alexis Troianos

Profile:
Re: Pre-Workout

You might want to look into Nutriforce preWOD or Wod Fuel. Those have more natural ingredients, most of which are amino acids already present in the body. I actually came on here for a similar reason: to see if anyone has a preference over the two. From what I've been reading, creatine, beta-alinine, and COQ10 are all ingredients we want in our pre-wod supp.

Happy shopping
Old 03-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
Jo Hsu

Profile:

I'm a pretty big fan of Honey Badger (http://drinkhoneybadger.com/) WFS. I wanted something with Beta-Alanine. The ingredients are pretty simple/clean, and it's the right amount of caffeine that it wakes me up but doesn't make me jittery. I also supplement creatine, but I just buy a separate unflavored powder and add it in.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
Zach Summers

Profile:

Here are some pretty good suggestions and break downs http://www.bestworkoutsupplementsblo...t-supplements/ SFW

I take and recommend Assault, especially for crossfit. It seems to provide me with a more sustained energy, if that makes senses.

I have heard great things about Pro Jym and that is what I am going to try when my Assault runs out.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
Matt Shaffer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Hsu View Post
I'm a pretty big fan of Honey Badger (http://drinkhoneybadger.com/) WFS. I wanted something with Beta-Alanine. The ingredients are pretty simple/clean, and it's the right amount of caffeine that it wakes me up but doesn't make me jittery. I also supplement creatine, but I just buy a separate unflavored powder and add it in.
This looks very similar in almost every way to ARO Black Pre-workout however the ARO is half the price.

http://www.vitacost.com/aro-vitacost...e-7-4-oz-210-g wfs

Fyi.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
Vince Mannella

Profile:

Does anyone use anything with some protein in it before working out?

On days I am on-shift I wake up and within about an hour I am doing my workout. I think I need a little something with calories in my stomach before. Right now I am taking MuscleTech's "Halo" before and after.