CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #3331
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Hey Vanessa- Sorry it's been so long since I've popped in. So many good things happening on here. Most importantly I'm loving the CB>VS connection. So glad to see the two of you so happy!
You must be getting stoked for the qualifiers. When is the TX event? I have a huge ATL contingency heading down to Jax this weekend that I sooo wish I was going to watch in person (son is being confirmed this weekend...family first!). I'll be rooting for you whenever yours is!
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #3332
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

LOOONNNNGGGG Day babe, awesome work on the Press!

I'm so proud of you with stopping before a tear lately. That **** just isn't worth it.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM   #3333
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christin Street View Post
Hey Vanessa- Sorry it's been so long since I've popped in. So many good things happening on here. Most importantly I'm loving the CB>VS connection. So glad to see the two of you so happy!

Thanks, Christin!

We like our little connection too. I think we found a wining combination.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
LOOONNNNGGGG Day babe, awesome work on the Press!

I'm so proud of you with stopping before a tear lately. That **** just isn't worth it.
Thanks, babe. I am pretty proud of the press too. I learned my lesson. It's pretty hard to get better at pullups if you can't do them but every 2 or 3 weeks because you tear your hands constantly. AND, I know you;ll get on to me.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #3334
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

April 23, 2009
Thursday 090423

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 12 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Time: 26:55

HOLY CRAP! I thought I was going to hurl. No beuno. Burpees were horrible at the end of the wod. My KTE's were pretty terrible to look at too. Good grief. Glad I got that one out of the way. It was my first time.

Mike, thanks for doing this with me. Chasing you helped me tons.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #3335
Charles Bennington
Member Charles Bennington is offline
 
Charles Bennington's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sarasota  FL
Posts: 2,172
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Sisson View Post
April 23, 2009
Thursday 090423

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 12 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Time: 26:55

HOLY CRAP! I thought I was going to hurl. No beuno. Burpees were horrible at the end of the wod. My KTE's were pretty terrible to look at too. Good grief. Glad I got that one out of the way. It was my first time.

Mike, thanks for doing this with me. Chasing you helped me tons.
Liar!

Awesome job baby. That really is a stellar time. You killed it. I'm super proud of your performance.
__________________
Patriotic Videos Please Support the Troops
Putting "FU" back in "FUN!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:30 AM   #3336
Brady Herrin
Member Brady Herrin is offline
 
Brady Herrin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Royse City  TX
Posts: 1,310
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Nice time on the 50! That's great!
__________________
My Log (WFS) M / 32 / 5'10 - 250 lbs
Punish the specialist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #3337
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Bennington View Post
Liar!

Awesome job baby. That really is a stellar time. You killed it. I'm super proud of your performance.
Hey, hey, hey there CB! How would you know? Hmm?

Oh and thanks! I was SOOOO nervous about the 50 all day. I literally could feel my heart racing on my drive to the gym!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady Herrin View Post
Nice time on the 50! That's great!
THanks Brady. I am SO SO SO sorry for being such a lousy CF message board buddy lately. I'll have a litle break in a few weeks. I'll try to catch back up with you!
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 AM   #3338
Brady Herrin
Member Brady Herrin is offline
 
Brady Herrin's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Royse City  TX
Posts: 1,310
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

No worries whatsoever. Just keep up the good work! Grad school and being a bad-*** take up a lot of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Sisson View Post
THanks Brady. I am SO SO SO sorry for being such a lousy CF message board buddy lately. I'll have a litle break in a few weeks. I'll try to catch back up with you!
__________________
My Log (WFS) M / 32 / 5'10 - 250 lbs
Punish the specialist.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #3339
Mike Deavers
Member Mike Deavers is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas  TX
Posts: 209
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

Very well done. Great display of motivation, determination, and drive.

Bravo,

Mike
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #3340
Samantha Aurelio
Member Samantha Aurelio is offline
 
Samantha Aurelio's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlantic Highlands  NJ
Posts: 1,832
Re: Vanessa's1st CrossFit Journal

1st time? Really? Hm. I believe filthy fifties were the first time I started doing mainpage. I believe you were the one who asked me if I was doing it, hah. I don't know maybe I'm making this all up, haha

great stuffff!!!

(end of semester is coming -- woo woo!)
__________________
"Strength Anywhere is Strength Everywhere" - CFCC Mantra (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossfit Journal Ryan Copeland Starting 1 07-13-2006 11:36 PM
CrossFit Journal 38 James Falkner Community 5 10-03-2005 05:43 AM
Which Crossfit Journal... Jason Berger Community 4 09-15-2005 05:47 AM
Crossfit Journal Allan Starting 1 03-09-2004 05:55 AM
Crossfit Journal Brad Hirakawa Workout of the Day 1 08-01-2003 01:58 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 AM.


CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.