CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
Michael Golden

Profile:
Adidas Adizero Pro versus Inov-8 F-Lite 195

So right now I use a pair of Asics Piranha SP2 racing flats for running, and a pair of Nike Dunks (similar to DC Shoes) for CrossFit. I'm tired of carrying around 2 pairs of shoes, because I drive a motorcycle and really don't have the room for all my gear. I'm looking for an all around shoe that I can use for:

CrossFit
CrossFit Endurance
2-Mile run on the APFT

It would also help if I could use the shoe for the LA Marathon, although it's not a priority.

Which shoe do you think is better, the Adizero Pro or the Inov-8 F-Lite 195. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Michael Golden

Profile:
Re: Adidas Adizero Pro versus Inov-8 F-Lite 195

Tons of views, no feedback?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
Milton West

Profile:

I've never used the Adizero's before, but I do own a pair of F-Lite-195 & 230. Both pair of Inov-8's have been the best all around CF shoe I've used. I've worn these for all kinds of WODs for the last year with no problems. The only other shoes I use are my weightlifting shoes on heavy lift days.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Phil Wood

Profile:

I'd give the Inov-8's a shot. I went from a pair of Nike Lunaracers to Inov-8 F-220's, and it was a whole new ballgame. The soles of the Inov-8s are much stiffer, causing a lot less lost energy due to compression of the sole during any lifting, squatting or jumping. I also love them as a running shoe and they have sped up my transition to the Pose running style. Great all around CrossFit shoe.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Justin McGinley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Golden View Post
Tons of views, no feedback?
I doubt many people own both, but rather many of us clicked to hopefully see a comparison.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Andrew Cochran

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGinley View Post
I doubt many people own both, but rather many of us clicked to hopefully see a comparison.
x2

Bump for any responce on the Adidas shoes. I have never heard of them. I LOVE Adidas, and if these are good shoes might buy them instead of the Inov-8's. So anyone else have these even if you have not had any experience with Inov-8?
Old 12-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #7
Paul Siegel

Profile:

I have pair of the Adizero pro's, really like mine. Never worn the Inov8 195's so I can't offer a comparison, sorry. The adizero's are light, flexible, and breath well. I tend to do most WOD's without running barefoot or in chucks/vans (or in my weightlifting shoes shoes), but for WOD's with running I like these. They have enough padding to protect my heels; especially when my POSE-esque running get's sloppy, but not enough padding to truly effect any other crossfit movement. And they've lasted close to 18 months without much change, beyond a certain funkiness.

I would wager that the Adizero's are closer to the Inov8 220 or 230's than the 195's based purely on heel drop alone.

I also bought my Adizero's from vsathletics.com on sale for like $30 before shipping. Significantly cheaper than Inov8 which was, and is, an important characteristic for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
Jeff Yan

Profile:

What's wrong with the Piranhas?

I've never worn Inov-8s so I can't really comment on them except that they're 2-3 times more expensive than getting racing flats on sale. As for the Adizeros, I'm not sure how they would particularly differ much in style from the Piranhas.

I have a pair of Adizeros, although not necessarily the 'Pros', if that makes any difference. I walk around in them all day, but haven't done any runs or WODs in them yet.

I bought them online because they looked cool, were cheap and I knew a CFing friend was using them.

There's something worth noting about the unusual construction: the shoe upper is continuous with the inner side of the tongue--that is, it's one piece. The outer side of the tongue is anchored down underneath on the other side with a strap of elastic. For me, this is uncomfortable and makes it feel like the insole is being shifted out of alignment under my foot.

Bottom line: TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
Michael Golden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Yan View Post
What's wrong with the Piranhas?
The Piranhas were great, but they are limited in what I can do with them. They're good for running, but they're horrible for CrossFit. They're too flimsy, and they're slippery - no grip, which makes them horrible for box jumps.

I ended up going with the adizero Pro, I couldn't find the Inov-8s in the color I wanted. I'm happy with the adizero. They're light, but they still offer enough support for lifting and box jumps. They have a lot of grip for running on a variety of different hard surfaces (no dirt or trails).

I'll still end up buying a pair of Inov-8s once their stock gets replenished, and compare the two. By the construction alone, they do look very similar. The only major difference I can see is the differential of the two shoes: The adizero is 0.6mm, and the 195 I believe is 0.3mm.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
Eric Chang

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Golden View Post
So right now I use a pair of Asics Piranha SP2 racing flats for running, and a pair of Nike Dunks (similar to DC Shoes) for CrossFit. I'm tired of carrying around 2 pairs of shoes, because I drive a motorcycle and really don't have the room for all my gear. I'm looking for an all around shoe that I can use for:

CrossFit
CrossFit Endurance
2-Mile run on the APFT

It would also help if I could use the shoe for the LA Marathon, although it's not a priority.

Which shoe do you think is better, the Adizero Pro or the Inov-8 F-Lite 195. Thanks!
i use inov-8 f-lite 195s to do more metcon type workouts..currently looking for a running shoe to run in. i have flat feet and my heels bruise like crazy after just running 1/2 a mile. i also have nike frees runs, nike free tr 7.0s (from 2005).