CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: The Wolverines Log

Ha ha, ya. It's honestly not a macho thing, I just hate wearing shirts. In summer I pretty much live without a shirt. Somethin about being free like that I like. I walk barefoot a decent amount too which is also frowned upon by most.
I'm hitting WOD 11.2 on friday. With no rope and all gas this one will be good for me I think. Hoping for 10+. The deadlifts are pretty light and box jumps are easy for me, I think it's gonna be all about the pushups especially since they're hand release.

Wednesday, 03.30.11
10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 reps for time of:
C2B Pullups
KB Swing, 100#

11:54

That was a brutally heavy kettlebell. I never had to break up the swings but it definitely challenged my grip when I got back on the bar for pullups, which I broke in rounds 7, 8, an 9 because I couldn't hold on. Little longer than I wanted to take on it, but for the most part it was heavy and short. Rest day tomorrow.

Also started Leo's gymnastics warmup again today. Used to do it as a standalone skill session and it seems that with added bodyweight I now need to rework some of those gymnastics skills. I'm also going to chase down new skills I want to have like freestanding HSPU and the elusive planche. Just about strung together two freestanding HSPU but fell over as I pushed back up. I feel like it won't be long till I figure them out.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #12
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Got a few days to catch up here. Thursday was a total rest day.

Friday, 04.01.11
Crossfit Games Open 11.2:
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 15 minutes of:
155 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
12 Push-ups
15 Box jumps, 24" box

~10 rounds

Video cut out after 7 minutes for no reason so I have to do this one again. Really annoyed at that cause now my calves are totally lit up. It was a sweet video too since 5 of us were all going at the same time. Tyson and I are the only ones competing in the open so we just had 2 cameras on us. In the end it was the pushups that got me and I am honestly not excited about doing this again. Getting together tomorrow morning with Cam to do it again this time with 2 cameras. Hopefully at least I can boost my score a little then.

Saturday, 04.02.11
30 Muscle-ups for time

4:29

Finally something I'm really good at. I was totally set to go sub 4 on this one when at around rep 25 I lost ~1" square patch of skin on my palm. At this point I was at 3:10. I bit through the last few but couldn't false grip for crap cause of my hand. A few reps later I felt the skin on my other hand give out. So now I have large bandages on both wrists and bending them feels interesting which will make tomorrows pushups fun. I think I'm going to make muscle ups a weekly thing. Mainsite doesn't program them enough and I feel like every time they come up my palms have lost their toughness. In any case, next time I'm going sub 4 on this one for sure. Spent some time rolling out my calves to prep for tomorrow.

My stomachs feeling a lot better now that the creatine is almost out of my system so I don't feel like I have to puke all the time anymore. Seriously, what a waste of money that supplement was.

I'm feeling really beat up all over. Considering taking 4-5 days off after tomorrow. We'll see how I feel.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #13
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Sunday, 04.03.11
Crossfit Games Open 11.2:
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 15 minutes of:
155 pound Deadlift, 9 reps
12 Push-ups
15 Box jumps, 24" box

9 rounds + 11 reps

Felt way slower today and took more rests. Feeling really shot. I'm thinking I'm gonna take 4 days off till friday just to get some good old fashioned recovery going. Iced my calves, hamstrings, and quads after the workout today. Video is getting posted now. I hope I don't have issues posting my score. I really hate cutting it close to the line like this. Next friday the camera won't die on me.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

So, didn't get the video in on time. After doing it again this morning all afternoon was spent trying to upload it. Youtube rejected it even after upgrading the account. Finally got it posted on vimeo but it was a long upload. Missed the cutoff by about 30 mins. I emailed them about it so we'll see if I can end up staying in. If not there's always next year.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
Brad Gerbrandt

Profile:

Hey Jordan, I just came across this today.

Sucks about the video. With all the issues with the site they have been having I wouldn't be surprised if they accept it.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I agree about the video thing. Would take the better part of 2+ hrs to do it. I was lucky enough to do lats week at an affiliate.

Brad, he should come and visit you and Derek ! Just judging then and no worries about video. I wish I had that option 15 min down the road from me. Regina is closest and it's 2+ hrs on the highway !
Old 04-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #17
Brad Gerbrandt

Profile:

Well Jason, if you're in town over the next 4 weeks, stop by and we'll judge you too.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:56 PM   #18
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Hey Brad, I heard you guys might be looking for help from a friend of mine at school. Let me know if you guys ever need another coach or someone to help run classes.

Been taking the whole week off so far and it's been great. This is my first real break in... months. Really tired though. Got in today to hit the Open WOD just to stay in it. I'm thinking at this point I won't make regionals though so I'm going to be doing the open workouts more as training rather than beating myself up competing hard with them. I'm really starting to look ahead to next years games instead. I'll be starting Mason's conjugate system next week and running that possibly most of the summer. I really need to gain some mass and raw strength so I'm looking forward to it.

Friday, 04.08.11
CrossFit Games Open 11.3
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 5 minutes of:
165 pound Squat clean
165 pound Jerk

22 rounds

Eh... was hoping for better but considering this is basically a rest week I'm okay with that.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #19
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Just finished my full week off save for the open workout on friday. Started conjugate system today and it's off to a good start. Like a boss however I totally forgot the ab work at the end. Oops. I'll just do extra on wednesday. I also did the glute bridge wrong, I didn't realize it was the same thing as hip thrusts. Achieved the same effect though.

Monday, 04.15.11
ME Back Squat (low bar): 5-5-3-2-1-1-1-1
135-225-275-295-315-325-335-345 (PR)

Assistance:
GHR: 2x10
Glute Bridge off bench: 1x20
Prowler Pull: 345 on the Prowler for 60 steps each for 3 sets. 60 steps will work out to ~100+ feet.

We don't have a sled but I found a prowler buried in the back cage at the university. I can't believe we have one, they're expensive. I didn't push it though since I knew I had to sub for sled drags somehow, so I just used a climbing rope and put it around the handles and then gripped it and ripped it. It doubled as a really good forearm burner as well. I had no idea how much weight to put on, someone told me to use the same amount as my max squat. I may have used too much but it felt really good. Can't believe I've never used a prowler before, it was awesome. Looking forward to using it consistently for a few months now.

Last edited by Jordan Derksen : 04-11-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

First things first I discovered today after biking all the way to the university that it's ~ a gajillion times easier to bike if you have air in your tires. After biking home and pumping up my tires I went for a spin and felt like I was riding on air whilst being propelled by the greek god Aeolus himself.

Tuesday, 04.12.11
Gymnastics warmup

5 Sets:
3 Freestanding HSPU with head hitting a 4" mat
10s Frog Stand on parallettes.
2 Sets:
5 Pistols each leg
5 GHR

Only did 2 sets on the legs because of yesterdays volume. Most psyched about the HSPU. The first couple sets I did what I always do and that is pushup and fall over. The last 2 sets however I all the sudden got it and I strung together all 3 HSPU without falling. Gonna do this for a few more weeks to grease it a lot and then get rid of the mat and try em from the floor.

Then

Elizabeth

21-15-9
135lb Cleans
Ring Dips

5:05

Very satisfying for this one reason. I last did Elizabeth on Nov. 18/2009 a couple weeks into when I first started CF. I scaled it to 15-12-9: 115lb cleans and 2x Bar dips (30-24-18) and I had a time of 17:35. Wow. Talk about an increase in work capacity. Good day. If this is what it's like after taking a week off I may have to do that more often. So that just shows how far I've come in the 1.5 years I've been at this.

Edit: I also should note that I did power cleans not squat cleans.

Last edited by Jordan Derksen : 04-12-2011 at 03:48 PM.