CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Patrick T. Costello

Profile:
Helping oilfield workers with odd rotations get into CF

I am a field engineer for an oilfield services company in Texas. The field workers typically work either 6 days on, 3 days off or 10 days on 5 days off. When on duty, employees may be gone doing jobs for 1-3+ days, making occasional hotel workouts possible - but having a regular workout schedule for themselves is difficult to say the least.

I just received my Level 1 Cert in Golden, CO (Pat Sherwood and co. were great, thanks guys!) and am anxious to start teaching CF. I belong to Premier CF in Tyler, TX and would suggest getting a membership to most people, however, their odd schedule paired with the price of membership makes it a hard sell. So I am trying to figure out a way to begin training them (I work a 10 and 5 schedule also). I am looking to keep costs very low (I want to do this for free to the client) and run a boot camp type of thing. My idea right now is to gather some basic equipment for 2-3 people, offer the classes/sessions/bootcamp at a specific time on the 10 days off I have each month, and to hold the camp in a nearby park.

To cut to the chase - I'm wondering what sort of programs people have used for bootcamps, what equipment they used, etc. Looking for suggestions or a point in the right direction (journal articles, message board threads)

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #2
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:
Re: Helping oilfield workers with odd rotations get into CF

Sandbags and shane's body weight resources would be a good place to start. Ross Enamait's Never Gymless and Pavel Naked Warrior would be good books to get.