CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 09-27-2018, 04:40 AM   #21
Alex Burden

Profile:
Re: Reshaping the CrossFit Games from 2019 *****

Christopher Morris - and four at-large athletes selected by CrossFit Inc.

So basically they can invite a team or any of the top names that just not happen to qualify in any of the sanctioned events or the Open. If Mat or Tia have issues they are for sure going to get a free ticket to the games.

MMMMMMMmmmmmmm i don't think this is fair... but what the hell, CFHQ can bend the rules however they like whenever they like, just as long as it suites them.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:04 AM   #22
Alex Burden

Profile:

Has there been any news on the masters???
Old 10-09-2018, 08:11 AM   #23
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

No news. Why would you want to give info to 40-50% of your peeps?
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 10-23-2018, 12:41 AM   #24
Alex Burden

Profile:

So it has now been 2 months since CFHQ/Glen came out with news of changes.

2 months !!!!

They have handled this like a bunch of amatures and treated the CF population badly.

They must be making this sh*t up as they go, once they have had feedback from the Community based on rumours. It's about time they released the final version of their plans so that everyone can move on.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:11 PM   #25
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Anxiously waiting for the rule book. I've seen companies handle things better. No mention of masters except they think it will stay nearly the same but maybe less numbers? They subbed the regionals out to the 16 comps and the media team has less numbers now. What about the drug tests? Got rid of the event where USA vs. Aus vs. Europe vs. CAN also. I heard no open announcement show? I see that they are going for health and more boxes but I believe that so many are inspired watching the open, regionals and games. The changes might be great if we see the whole list? I have had several boxes close shop around me. Maybe invest in the present boxes?
Owner of Crossfitdarkside.com Fran: 2:36 Diane: 2:30 Jackie 5:43 Mary 15+ rounds Helen 6:58
Old 10-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #26
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

https://barbend.com/2019-crossfit-games-schedule/
Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 AM   #27
Alex Burden

Profile:

I'm wondering if CFHQ is sinking it's own ship here. They want to concentrate on heath they say... ok fine but what makes them different from the 1000's upon 1000's of globo gyms and other sports?

Exposure is one of the most important things for CF and with CFHQ handing this over to others, it might make seeing the games and other updates of CF difficult to see depending on where you live in the world. C-Fitters love watching the elite, documentaries and other media, without this the exposure dissapears, so how do you attract new people?

CF has been creating it's own content and exposure for years and this is what they are built on, as they know what the CF community wants to see thus being able to ignite that fire in so many people. Pushing the open, being able to compete with everyone in the World but within your group. So now the open might not be as interesting because we might not be competing against Mat, Lukas, Brent or Annie, Tia, Sara any more becasue they have already qualified and will not participate in the open.

How is CFHQ going to drive the heath side of things when the exposure is gone. Look at it today, there is nothing to see!, not much else coming out either.

They need to get that rule book out ASAP, put the masses to rest. I know that if there are no masters i will not bother with the open anymore. There is nothing in it for me, if it becomes an all against all comp, the whole thing becomes blasť, you become one of many.

With 50% being masters, has CFHQ really thought about that group because the bying power (economi) of that group is there, they have kids or grand children they can affect thus making the future better.

I think the future will be tough for while for them.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:47 AM   #28
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Heck maybe run it by the affiliates and see what they have to say. Glad we have all enjoyed a long lasting guzzle of that drink they sell. Hehe
Old 11-16-2018, 02:12 PM   #29
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

Still no rule book or work on the masters?