CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 AM   #1
Theofilos Ketsetzidis

Profile:
Training for Freediving

Hello guys, i would like to ask you what type of training would benefit me the most for my freediving. i am doin crossfit 3-4 per week but would like to hear some opinions.
and if you have any program to suggest
Old 01-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: Training for Freediving

I would think you want want to bias almost exclusively to aerobic type of conditioning as that will make your muscles more efficient with handling oxygen which might translate to being able to function longer with a given amount of oxygen in your system.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Frank E Morel

Profile:

This is a novel request for insight. Thank you.

Really the way to tackle this, remember that you need to be power efficient per kick cycle. Meaning, more moving more metres per kick quickly but with less effort.

With that in mind, you have compare to a soccer player attacking the box, or the sprinter. Speed and the ability to recover.

Louie Simmons. Westside barbell. Is powerlifting focused, but he professes that a strong posterior chain results In Stronger faster athletes and has produced some fast athletes.
So look at it.

http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/...ould-westside/. Wfs
Is a quickly version, and could be of some use. I would read some of the older posts regarding westside and you will find a couple of in the know people.

I am not sure if you are going for metres deep or for shallow, longer bottom time but regardless...

If you can find stig'S book. It will help.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/192...TX4GADXBTVRJCW wfs
Old 02-22-2015, 01:55 AM   #4
Theofilos Ketsetzidis

Profile:

thanks alot for the answers guys ! i bought Stigs book and will try read is as fast as possible and will try search about westside thingy. at the moment im divin around 20meters but things are gettin deeper so every info would help me improve!