CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 12-15-2004, 04:40 AM   #1
Tanner Kolb

Profile:
i did not know where to post this so if it should be somewhere else feel free to move it to the correct location moderators.

i have recently been asked to teach an undergraduate class at the school i am a grad student at. it is ETP. i am so excited because i have been wanting to move from SC coaching and training to teaching. also i now have the opportuninty to expose students to things that i missed out on not finding CF until may. this door that has opened for me is such a blessing and i am very thankful for the added experience and knowledge that CF and all its members have given me. so thanks all.

tanner
Old 12-15-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
Very cool. I find teaching solidifies the information in my mind and only makes me better. I only wish I had this information when I was in my teens or 20s or 30s for that matter!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #3
Ron Nelson

Profile:
I'll second what Larry says. When I was a kid, no coach ever pulled me aside and told me about proper nutrition or training. Now, every chance I get I'm telling kids (junior high) about a balance in their diet and to start mastering bodyweight exercises (pull up, push up, sit up, squat) and to constantly mix things up. I've even got a friend's son (high school football stud) to start overhead squats and O-lifts! When I see that he's doing it, it does reinforce what I know, especially when he asks about my experience.
Good luck with undergrads and spread the word!