CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
Dan Zhao

Profile:
Good compound lifts with limited hip flexion (FAI)?

I would like some ideas for squat-, deadlift-, and clean-substitutions that do not require more than (about) 90 degrees of hip flexion.

I was diagnosed with femoroacetabular hip impingement so in the event that I can't or decide not to get that fixed via surgery, I'd still like to go back to doing heavy compound exercises for strength emphasis.

I'm thinking I can do hang cleans in replacement of power cleans. Rack pull is probably as low as I can go for the deadlift. I'm thinking glute-ham raises would also be good, but those wouldn't be able to be loaded as well. I think I also may be able to do reverse lunges with front-squat grip, because of how upright my torso would be.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Dan Zhao; 06-09-2012 at 12:22 AM..